If you’re looking for an under cabinet toaster oven and not sure what one to buy and what features to look for, then don’t worry, you’re at the right place. We have reviewed 5 best under cabinet toaster ovens that not only work great but are budget-friendly too. These toaster ovens are great for someone who lives in small, compact spaces like apartments or dorm rooms.
Breville BOV450XL mini smart oven is one of the best under cabinet toaster oven with smart element IQ that transfers heat brilliantly across the four quartz elements. This mini under counter toaster oven is a blessing for small kitchens. However, size doesn’t limit the abilities and functions of this mini smart oven. With a super-fast 1800 watt element, Breville BOV450XL mini smart oven heats up quickly resulting in fast reheat or preheat of food items while many cheap toaster ovens take more time and still fails to do the job. The best thing about Breville mini smart oven is that it’s almost half the size of most standard-sized toaster ovens and is a perfect choice for small apartments or dorm rooms.
Despite the mini size, this Breville smart oven allows you to place the toaster oven tray at three different heights allowing optimization for broiling, toasting, and baking. The mini smart oven is wide enough to fit an 11-inch pizza or four big bread slices. Its simple and sturdy exterior makes it look good in any kitchen.
Easy to Use
The Breville BOV450XL mini smart oven has a single knob that lets you choose between its eight pre-set cooking functions easily. These settings include bagel, toast, bake, broil, pizza, roast, cookies, and reheat.
Also, the backlit LCD display makes it easy to read all the information. The orange light indicates preheating and cooking, while the blue shows the completion of the cycle.
- Easy to read backlit LCD display
- One year limited period warranty
- Super easy controls for quick functioning
- Easy to choose eight pre-set cooking settings
- Three rack positions for better optimization
- Non-stick cavity coating on the interior walls
- Few vent holes for better ventilation of heat
- The mini size is an ideal choice for small spaces
- Smart element IQ keeps the setting input as a memory
- Built-in spacers to maintain space between the oven and the wall
- Four quartz 1800 watt heating element for fast and even distribution of heat
- It gets too hot
- The power plug is poorly designed
- Uses quartz tubes for heat which burns out instantly
|Product Dimensions||16x 14.25 x 8.5 inches|
Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven
Cuisinart is quite a big name in the world of kitchen appliances. Their TOB-195 under cabinet toaster oven is an excellent choice among all high-end toaster ovens. The stainless steel body looks great and easily blends with different kitchen aesthetics. The unique thing about this toaster oven is that it uses an advanced technology called “Always Even” shade control with heat sensors. This feature keeps the temperature inside the oven at a very accurate and compatible level, as desired by the user. With an electronic touchpad and easy-to-read digital display screen, this durable under the counter toaster oven is in for the long run.
Accurate Heat Sensors
For precise oven temperature, Cuisinart TOB-195 uses an advanced technology called ‘Always Even’ shade control with heat sensors. These sensors help in maintaining accurate temperature in the oven and the convection fan distributes the heat evenly all around the food, which eventually results in nicely cooked food. This feature plays a significant role if you want to achieve consistent and foreseeable cooking results.
This hi-tech kitchen appliance will not make you scratch your head even if you are technologically challenged. The electronic touchpad with a large and readable LCD display screen makes Cuisinart TOB-195 toaster oven easy to operate. To know the process of using this toaster oven even better, you can use the recipe guide or the instruction manual that comes along with it.
- BPA free
- Automatic shutoff
- Easy to clean interior
- Aesthetic chrome look
- Generous three-year warranty
- Digital display screen for easy reading
- Four versatile pre-set cooking options
- Stainless steel body and bar handle
- Electronic touchpad for a smooth operation
- Quick heat up than most conventional oven
- Two-position oven rack with safety stop features
- The large interior easily fits a 12″ inch pizza or six slices of toast
- The ‘exact heat’ sensor feature helps in achieving consistent cooking results
- Crumb tray slides out from the rear instead of the front
- The sound of the convection fan might be noisy for some users
|Product Dimensions||18.50 x 16.93 x 10.04 inches|
BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB – Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
Black+Decker is one of the most renowned brands in the world of home & kitchen appliances. Their TO3250XSB convection toaster oven is the most affordable under cabinet toaster oven on the market. With extra-wide interior, this oven is specially designed to fit most standard 9″ x 13″ oven pans with handles, 8 slices of bread or a 12″ pizza.
Advance heating elements
Black+Decker TO3250XSB uses advanced heating elements because of which the temperature in the oven will always be lower than your set point. This will prevent over-cooking or burning out of your food and will consistently deliver nicely cooked food. The robust convection fan circles warm air throughout the oven for quick, even cooking.
This under the cabinet toaster oven comes with two primary timer settings. One is the 60-minute precision timer setting that features a stay-on functionality. This timer is being used for long baking hours. While the second timer is the dedication toast timer which is used to get the perfect toast. It also allows you to select the shade of your toast as per your preference.
- 60-minute timer feature
- Two year limited warranty
- Ready indicator light
- Three rack positions for cooking flexibility
- Removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Includes baking/broiling pan and a toasting rack
- Powerful convection fan for even distribution of heat
- Advance heating elements for evenly cooked food
- The maximum temperature goes up to 450 degrees
- Make perfect toast every time by using the toast timer
- Extra-wide interior to fit most standard oven pans with handles
- Four cooking functions include: baking, broiling, toasting and warming up the food
- It takes time to heat up
- Knobs are hard to turn off
- Makes loud rumbling noises
|Color||Silver & Black|
|Product Dimensions||14.50 x 22.00 x 11.50 inches|
This geeky looking box might look like some sort of invention from a sci-fi movie but isn’t. Its a compact under the cabinet toaster oven by Panasonic called FlashXpress. Being small in size, it’s an ideal choice for small spaces like apartments or dorm rooms. Unlike other toaster ovens that use convection feature, Panasonic FlashXpress uses double-infrared heating technology because of which this toaster oven does not even require to be preheated. For an affordable price, this mini toaster oven works as an excellent alternative for a standard-sized toaster oven.
No preheating required
Panasonic’s FlashXpress under counter toaster oven might not seal a deal solely based on its look, but its Double Infrared Heat feature is one the most revolutionary thing you can ever look for in a toaster oven. The high-efficiency quartz and ceramic heating elements are being positioned in the front and back of the toaster oven to toast evenly, bake, brown and reheat the food to its perfection. The front infrared heating element helps in cooking the outer part of the food while the back element cooks the inner part of the food perfectly.
Auto cook menu
Panasonic FlashXpress under the counter toaster oven comes with six pre-programmed cooking modes. The modes are toast, waffle, roll, pizza, quick reheat, and hash brown. To enable a mode, one has to touch the icons simply.
- Clean and compact design
- No preheating required
- Easy maintenance
- See-through glass door
- Accurate temperature control
- Includes square-shaped inner tray
- Six pre-programmed touch modes
- Interior light to keep an eye on your food
- Quartz and Ceramic infrared heating elements
- Easy to understand cooking settings and controls
- Digital timer to quickly set precise cooking times up to 25 minutes
- Tough buttons
- 25 minutes timer may not be enough for some users
- Limited interior space as compared to other toaster ovens in the same price
|Product Dimensions||12.00 x 13.00 x 10.25 inches|
The sleek, dark Calphalon Quartz heat toaster oven looks great in any kitchen. The metal construction and stainless steel finish keep it durable for the long-run. Designed with an innovative Quartz heating element, this toaster oven delivers 40% more heat for even cooking and crispy food consistency. With extra-large, spacious interior capacity this toaster oven can fit a 12″ pizza easily. Hence, this compact-sized toaster oven will take less space on your kitchen counter and still manage to do the job of a standard-sized toaster oven easily and somehow fast.
Quartz heating element
The advanced quartz heating element in the Calphalon toaster oven delivers 40 percent more heat. This enhanced heat helps in cooking your food more evenly from all sides resulting in precisely cooked, tasty food. This element also makes the preheat procedure faster and better.
The under cabinet toaster oven comes with 11 cooking presets that include: bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, bagel, reheat, warm, defrost, and dehydrate. These presets helps in cooking particular food items fast and easy.
Excellent in and out
Calphalon appliances are designed beautifully keeping in mind a lot of important things. Not only their appliances look good but also work great.
Calphalon Quartz under the cabinet toaster oven despite its charming look, works amazingly. The high-contrast LCD display makes it easy to utilize all the inbuilt features and cooking settings that the oven has to offer.
- Metal construction for long-lasting durability
- Extra-large capacity can fit a 12″ pizza
- Built-in interior light helps in tracking food’s cooking progress
- Stylish high-end looking oven matches with most kitchen aesthetics
- Quartz heating element delivers 40 percent more even heat
- Includes a baking pan, pizza pan, dehydrator rack and wire rack
- High contrast LCD display to control all features and cooking settings
- 11 preset cooking functions helps in preparing certain dishes easy and quick
- Lack of temperature accuracy
- Short power cord
- A bit pricey as compared to other countertop toaster ovens
|Color||Black, Dark Gray|
|Product Dimensions||18.70 x 15.80 x 11.60 inches|
Factors to consider when buying an under cabinet toaster oven
There are not many options available when it comes to under cabinet toaster ovens, but if you are buying one, you should consider some factors to make sure you don’t end up buying the wrong oven.
Easy to Use
An under cabinet toaster oven should have easy to use controls for good user experience.
Size and capacity
Multiple companies build these ovens in various sizes and capacities. There is no right size for everyone; it depends upon your kitchen space and your needs.
The more you spend, the more cooking features you get. If you need a toaster oven for reheating, toasting, broiling, and baking, you can get a convection toaster oven, but they might be a bit expensive, so it all depends upon your budget.
Smaller cabinet ovens consume less energy; if a small oven can fulfill your cooking requirements, consider buying one if you want to keep your energy bill low.
How to Clean Your Toaster Oven
Some ovens come with a self-cleaning feature, but they are expensive and consume more energy. If you have a toaster oven without this feature, you’ll have to clean your oven every time you cook something.
Step 1: Unplug the oven and if it’s still hot, let it cool down first.
Step 2: Take out the rack and wipe the interior and exterior body with a clean cloth.
Step 3: If there is any debris or other greasy stuff inside the oven, you can use a cotton bud to clean it.
Step 4: Put your trays in lukewarm soap water for 30 minutes to get rid of the grease and wipe them with a sponge.
Step 5: If there is dirt on the oven’s body, you can apply some glass cleaner and wipe it with a cloth.
You can do this once a week or more or less; it depends upon how frequently you cook in it.
Can I bake a cake in a toaster oven?
Yes, toaster ovens are a lot like regular ovens, so you can bake anything that can be baked.
What are the best cabinet toaster ovens?
Hamilton Beach toaster oven, Cuisinart TOB-195, BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB are all good under cabinet toaster ovens.
Can you put aluminum foil in the toaster oven?
No, aluminum foil can cause fire by melting on its elements.
How to mount an under cabinet toaster oven?
You can hire a professional or mount it yourself with the help of the user manual.
Steps to mount an under cabinet toaster oven:
- Choose a place where you want to mount the oven, make sure it’s near a socket for power.
- Carefully mark the mounting points with a marker.
- Drill holes on market points and mount your toaster oven.
It doesn’t require any extraordinary skills, but you need to know how to mark accurate drilling points.