Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have you previously archived photos, messages, or files on your phone but can’t find the Archive folder on your device now? Don’t worry; it isn’t hard to reach Archive on your phone.
Archiving apps and messages on devices is an efficient way of freeing up storage space. It allows you to save the desired item on your device without allocating significant space.
If this is your first time using the archive feature on your mobile phone and after archiving emails, messages, and files, you are trying hard to locate them, this guide has you covered.
We have put together an elaborative guide for you explaining how you can find the archive folders on your device. We will also take you through the methods putting light on archiving unwanted texts, photos, and emails on your device.
Finding Archived Mails on Phone
If you are wondering where to find archived emails on your phone, this step-by-step method will help you perform this task smoothly.
Here is what you need to do to access the archived emails on your mobile phone:
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Tap the “Hamburger” icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the “All emails” tab.
All your emails, including the ones you have archived previously, will appear before you.
Finding Archived Photos on the Phone
If you are looking for ways to find your archived photos on your phone, we have you covered. Follow these steps to access the archived images on your Google Photos app.
- Navigate to Google Photos on your phone.
- Select the “Library” option at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the folders at the top, tap the “Archive” option.
All the archived photos will appear before you.
Archiving Photos on Phone
Now that you know where to find an archive on your phone, let us take you through the process of archiving the images on your mobile device.
Following are the steps that will help you archive photos on your phone.
- Go to the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Tap to select the image that you wish to archive.
- Once the image opens up before you in full screen, select the “three-dots” icon at the upper right corner.
4.You can also simply swipe up on the image.
5. From the options on the screen, tap “Archive.”
The selected photo will now be removed from the photos album, and you can easily access it in the archive tab.
Unarchieving Photos on Phone
Now that you know about the archive feature and have successfully gone through archiving images on your phone, here is what you need to do to unarchive a photo and get it back to your photo album.
- Firstly, access the Archive folder following the steps we have mentioned above.
- Once you are in the Archived folder, select the image you want back.
3. Tap on it and select the “three-dots” icon from the screen’s upper-right corner.
4. Choose the “Unarchive” option from the drop-down menu.
The selected picture will successfully be retrieved, and you can find it in the Google Photos album now.
Archiving Mails on the Phone
When it comes to emails, there are generally two methods that will help you archive them on your phone. Here is a breakdown of both methods for you.
Method #1: Using the Swipe Method
The first method requires you to alter the swipe actions for your email. For this,
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Select the “three lines” at the upper-left corner of the screen. \
- The label list will open up before you.
- Scroll down to reach the bottom of the labels list and tap the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Inbox customisations” option on your iPhone.
- Select the “Email swipe actions” option on the next screen.
On the next screen, you will get to alter the swipe actions for your emails.
- From the screen before you, decide the direction in which you want the feature to work, i.e., Right swipe or Left swipe.
- From the list of swipe options presented before you, select “Archive.”\
3. Go back to the main emails page and locate the email you want to archive.
4. Swipe your finger on the desired email in the direction you specified in Settings.
The desired email will automatically move to the archived folder in your Gmail app.
Method #2: Using the “Square” Icon
For this method to work, you have to use the “Square” icon, also known as the “Archive” icon.
Here is what you need to do for this:
- Go to the Gmail app on your phone.
- Locate the email you want to archive and tap to open it.
- Once in the email, tap the “Square with a downward arrow” icon at the top.
The opened email will successfully move to the Archive folder.
Unarchiving Mails on the Phone
Like archiving, unarchiving emails is also pretty straightforward. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the Gmail app on your phone.
- Select the “hamburger or three-bar” icon at the upper left corner.
- From the menu on the screen, select the “All emails” option.
- Find the archived email that you wish to retrieve and open it.
Once in the email, tap the “three-dots” icon in the upper right corner.
- From the menu that opens up, tap “Move to inbox.”
Your selected email will move back to the main emails section.
Conclusion – Where Is Archive on My Phone?
In this guide, we have covered all the things you might be interested in regarding the Archive feature on the phone. This guide has everything you can ask for, from finding the archive folder on the mobile device to archiving and unarchiving photos and emails.
Hopefully, all the methods presented above and the information we have provided will help you enjoy immense free space on your mobile device.
We would love to know about your experience with the archive feature and how often you need to archive different photos, emails, and files on your device. Don’t forget to get back to us with any other queries you might have. Enjoy!