Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Long gaming sessions can take a negative toll on the body, so finding a comfortable gaming chair is important. There are thousands of gaming chairs available on the market from different brands, carrying various features and weight capacities. We have reviewed five Best Gaming Chairs Under $200 so that you do not have to look around.
All these chairs are ergonomically designed and have different weight capacities as one size doesn’t fit all. With additional features like footrest, armrest, headrest, and lumbar cushions, all these chairs are fantastic and offer excellent gaming experience.
Homall High Back Gaming Computer Chair
Homall’s classic gaming chair not only looks great but is also incredibly comfortable. The ergonomic design of this gaming chair provides extreme comfort and support to your backbone by reducing uneasiness that you usually feel after sitting for hours.
The chair includes adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillow cushions for an ultimate comfortable experience. With a heavy-duty metal base, this chair comes with durable caster wheels that make the movements a lot swifter and quieter than other chairs.
Out of thousands of gaming chairs available in the market, Homall’s S-racer is one of the best gaming chairs under $200.
Back, forth & swivel
The Homall gaming chair allows you to rock back and forth between 90 and 180-degree angle and swivel 360 degrees until you find your perfect position. Once you find your comfortable position, there’s a tilt locking mechanism feature that locks the seat at your desired position so that you do not have to adjust it over and over again. You can also adjust the height of your seat as per your convenience.
The outer cover of this Homall gaming chair is made from PU leather, which makes it comfortable and is also resistant to spills and stains. So, you do not have to worry about any sort of discoloration that is usually caused by spilling of the drinks.
- Tilt locking feature
- 360-degree swivel
- Easy to assemble
- Soft molded foam
- Orthopedically designed
- Rocking chair mechanism
- Available in variant colors
- Easy to move caster wheels
- Caster looks a little cheap
- The height of armrests can not be adjusted
GTRACING Gaming Chair
This GTRacing chair’s design is pretty similar to other “racing” style gaming chairs. So if you’re someone who likes this type of design, then this gaming chair is a perfect choice for you. With an ergonomic metal frame, the build quality of this chair is pretty decent too.
Different Reclining Modes
With GTRacing gaming chair, you can rock backward and forward between 90 and 170 degrees without difficulty. You can use different reclining modes for different sitting occasions. For example, 90-degree mode is the ideal position while playing games on your computer or while working.
The second mode is the 130-degree mode, which is the best suitable position for reading a book. And the last mode, the 170-degree mode for resting or taking a short nap.
From all the positive reviews about this gaming chair, the maximum response has to be about its quick assembly. This GTRacing gaming chair takes zero effort to mount. The whole assembly process is so easy that you can do it all by yourself without any difficulty. All the required tools for assembly are included with the purchase.
- Rocking chair function
- 90 – 170° reclining modes
- 360-degree swivel
- Adjustable seat height
- Adjustable arm rests
- Easy to assemble
- Available in variant colors
- Sturdy metal frame
- Ergonomically designed
- Heavy-duty 5-point base built
- Short backrest, might not be comfortable for people above the height range of 5’10” or 5’11”
- Armrest seems to be a little loose; it can swivel if you accidentally hit them on the sides
- Low-density foam in the seating feels a bit uncomfortable for people above 220 lbs of weight
Furmax Gaming Chair
Whether it’s the thick padding, a footrest, or a reclining mechanism, Furmax gaming chair got all of it, this gaming chair is like a dream come true for many gamers. With a headrest, armrests, a bucket seat, thick padding, and a pull-out, flip-over footrest, this gaming chair by Furmax is a great deal.
The ergonomic design of this chair has some amazing features like an adjustable backrest that can be tweaked from 90 degrees to 180 degrees, so you can tilt and lock a position as per your comfort. It also has the pneumatic gas lift system that smoothly adjusts the seat height of the chair to your personal preference.
Unlike other gaming chairs, Furmax gaming chair comes with a pull-out, flip-over footrest that allows the user to position their feet in a more comfortable position while playing games or working.
Customize your way
With Furmax gaming chair, you can rock back and forth with the help of the recline mechanism. The chair can recline from 90 degrees to 180 degrees. Therefore, you can choose your preferable sitting angle from multiple sitting angles.
- Comfortable bucket seat
- 3D spine support
- Tilt mechanism
- 360-degree swivel
- PU rolling wheels
- Pre-assembled, foldable footrest
- Assembly takes quite some time and might be a tricky process for some people
HEALGEN Reclining Gaming Chair
Healgen’s gaming chair is specially designed for big, tall gamers who can not find a comfortable gaming chair for themselves because most chair manufacturing companies tend to neglect the point that all body sizes are different and keep designing the same standard size of gaming chairs for everyone.
Whether it’s the long gaming sessions or tiring working hours, everything is made comfortable with this chair. It comes along with a removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion too.
Back Massage Function
The upgraded USB powered back massage function relieves all your back pain and improves blood circulation in your body that results in a better experience. There is also a soft padded, removable headrest on the back that protects your neck from stiffness even after long gaming hours.
Healgen’s gaming chair comes with five smooth-rolling PU caster wheels that ensure excellent mobility and has a heavy-duty, star-shaped base that provides excellent stability to the users.
- Back massage function
- Seat and armrests lift function
- 90 to 155 degree reclining
- 20 degree rocking function
- Rolling PU caster wheels
- 30 days replacement or money-back guarantee
- Armrest feels a little loose and swivels easily
- Seat cushion feels less dense than the other chairs
- The vibrations from the massage function do not really have a big impact
OFM Essentials Collection Racing Gaming Chair
OFM would be an excellent choice for someone who is looking for an affordable, good-looking gaming chair that is not only comfortable but also very durable. This race car style gaming chair comes with a padded headrest that supports and comfort your head for hours while playing games.
The center-tilt function controls the chair’s reclining for maximum comfort, and the rolling caster wheels can swivel at 360 degrees for better mobility. This heavy-duty gaming chair by OFM can take a load of up to 275 lbs easily.
OFM gaming chair comes with an additional feature of flip-up arms. User can quickly flip the arms of the chairs, if not being used. This feature saves some space in the room. While being used, these padded armrests provide great comfort and relax the muscles of your forearms.
With an adjustable height feature, users can adjust the height of the seat as per their convenience. This feature makes this gaming chair even more useful as people of all different sizes can use it for different purposes like gaming, studying, working, etc.
- Center tilt control
- Flip-Up arms
- Rubber coated wheels
- Seat height adjustment
- Integrated head rest and padded arms
- Variant colors available, but price differs
- No warranty
Buying Guide For Best Gaming Chair Under $200
Gaming chairs are different from regular office chairs; they’re designed for comfort during long gaming sessions. A good gaming chair should have support for neck and arms, sturdy design, 360-degree swivel, high backrest, and more. To make your decision easier, we have created this buying guide and mentioned what factors you should consider when buying a pc gaming chair.
Types Of Gaming Chairs
There are four types of gaming chairs: PC gaming chairs, console gaming chairs, bean bag chairs, and racer simulator seats.
PC Gaming Chairs
PC gaming chairs have higher headrests in comparison to regular office chairs. They usually have colorful sporty designs and offer advanced features such as built-in speakers, vibration motors, and more. They are designed to sit behind computer desks, and you can also use these chairs as office chair if you work from home.
PC gaming chairs are also called ‘racing gaming chairs’ since they are inspired by racing car seats, but they are entirely different from racing simulator seats.
Console Gaming Chairs
The most popular type of console gaming chairs are Rocker chairs. These “L” shaped chairs don’t have legs or wheels, but they are more comfortable than PC gaming chairs. Rocker chairs don’t come in ergonomic design, and they are not meant to sit behind a desk.
They allow you to lean back comfortably and some models also feature built-in speakers, USB ports for charging your devices, cup holders, and more.
Bean Bag Chairs
Gaming bean bags are like regular bean bags with better shape and design options. When you sit on it, the beans inside the bag create support, and you can rest your arms which help improve gaming performance. Bean bag chairs are not ergonomically designed, but they are pretty comfortable and cheaper than other gaming chairs.
Racing Simulator Seats
Racing simulator seats are pretty expensive chairs designed for people who want to experience race cars and racing track at home. Most simulator seats are attached to a sturdy metal frame, which is also referred as cockpit. These frames also allow you to install gaming accessories such as pedals, gear shift stick, steering wheel, etc. Some seats are designed for gamers, while other high-end models are used for training of race car drivers.
Things to Consider When Buying a Gaming Chair
If you have decided what type of gaming chair you want, you should know about things like adjustability, ergonomics, and other features.
The chair should have an ergonomic design for comfort during hours-long gaming sessions. Ergonomics is the process of designing products that fit their consumers. Ergonomic chairs also prevent back pain, poor posture, and other serious back injuries you might develop over time.
How to know if a gaming chair is ergonomically designed
- Adjustability. You should look for a chair that allows you to adjust the positioning since we have different body types. A chair that allows back angle, seat height, and armrests adjustments will be suitable for multiple body measurements.
- High backrest. A high backrest with good back and neck support is one of the most important things to consider when buying an ergonomic chair.
- Lumbar support. Lumbar supports means lower back support. A chair without lumbar support can’t remain comfortable for a long duration; within 30 to 60 minutes, you’ll start feeling uncomfortable, and your back will start paining. So make sure the chair has good lumbar support.
You should be focusing on these features if you are looking for a gaming chair under $200. There are other features such as breathable material, 4D adjustable armrests, and more. You can find these features in high-end gaming chairs.
The higher the build quality, the longer your chair will last. Look for wide bases, and metal frames, usually plastic frames don’t last much, and they can easily break. Also, make sure the cushion filling has high-density foam that will not go flat within months.
Good support to your lower arms allows you to have quick reaction time and excellent comfort. Arm support is important for pc gamers since they have to hold the mouse and use the keyboard simultaneously. Most console gaming chairs don’t feature ergonomic armrests since you control everything using the game controller, which doesn’t require arms support.
PC gaming chairs feature armrests that are adjustable in all dimensions; you can adjust the width, flip the arms up to get in and out of the chair quickly, and adjust the arm height.
Upholstery is the work of designing seats with webbing, padding, and leather or leatherette covers. Real leather is pretty expensive; therefore, most manufacturers use PU leather, which is an artificial leather material.
PU leather is a pretty good material for gaming chairs; it looks pretty similar to leather and is durable too. But if you sweat a lot, you should look for a chair that features breathable mesh material.
Weight Capacity & Suitable Height
Manufacturers make multiple models for different body measurements; you need to buy a chair that suits your height and weight. Some heavy-duty gaming chairs offer 500 lbs weight capacity, which is pretty good.
The higher the weight capacity, the more durable the chair is likely to be. But when it comes to height, you should carefully check which model is suitable for you; we recommend reading reviews on gaming chair for tall people or gaming chair for short people.
High-Tech Features Gaming Chairs Offer
Some gaming chairs come with advanced electronics and features which take your gaming experience on another level.
Here are some of the features of high-tech gaming chairs.
- Built-in speakers: Most of the audio chairs feature two speakers placed at ear level and a subwoofer for excellent audio experience. You can hear enemy steps and other special audio effects which you might miss without the speakers. These audio chairs include Bluetooth connection for connectivity, which allows you to connect your devices and play music when you are not gaming.
- Vibration motors: If a gaming chair has speakers, it’s most likely to have vibration motors as well. These motors are usually fitted under or on the back of the seat. In some chairs, the motors can be part of the chair’s speaker system for syncing motor rumble with audio effects. The audio effects are translated into vibration signals and transferred to the motors, which allow you to feel each jolt, punch, or impact your character in-game feel. If you have ever played on gaming consoles such as PS4, you must have noticed tactile feedback on your gaming controller, that’s how these chairs work, but they provide a more realistic feel.
- Cup holders: If you are a serious gamer who spends hours playing games without any break, you need to be hydrated. There are gaming chairs with built-in cup holders in the armrests. Armrests also keep your devices protected from accidental spills.
- Pockets: If you are someone who likes a clutter-free desk with minimal electronics. Some gaming chairs include pockets for your peripherals and other electronics you don’t use every day.
- Footrests: Some gaming chairs feature footrests that provide more comfort.
- Dimensions. Chair dimensions are one of the most important factors. Before buying the chair, you need to make sure its dimensions are suitable for your gaming room size and your body type. Some gaming chairs have narrow seats, which makes them uncomfortable for people with large thighs. You can check their dimensions on Amazon description page or on the official website.
- Only pay for the features you need. If you are looking for a comfortable ergonomic gaming chair under $200, it’s better to avoid features like a built-in keyboard tray or footrests. These additional features might increase the chair’s price so you should only look for features you need.
- Body instincts. If you feel uncomfortable during long gaming sessions even after buying the right chair for your body type. You need to stand up and take breaks often before you develop serious back issues.
- Consider the warranty. Most prominent manufacturers of gaming chairs offer a warranty period, so if any part stops working, you can easily get it replaced without paying for it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do gaming chairs improve gaming performance?
A. If the chair supports your back and has excellent ergonomic armrests that support your arms while gaming, you’ll feel more comfortable, which can impact gaming performance, but the difference it makes is little to none.
Do gaming chairs have any benefits for people who work from home?
A. Yes. If you are a gamer who also works from home, you can use the gaming chair for your office work. Some ergonomic gaming chairs can provide better comfort than traditional office chairs.
Is it necessary to buy a mat with the chair?
A. If your floor is smooth with no carpets, you will not face any issue while moving the chair. But if you have carpeted floor in your room, you might face difficulty moving the chair, so it’s a good idea to get a rolling matt along with the chair.
Will I have to assemble my gaming chair?
A. Most gaming chairs come as various pieces because it’s easy to ship them that way. You have to manually assemble the parts which can take up to 30 to 60 mins.
More reviews you might like