Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Android applications are assigned package names within the system to be uniquely identified on the Google Play Store (or a third-party Android app store). Com.dti.folderlauncher is an Android package name for your phone’s default launcher app. These apps allow users to create custom folders on Android devices and place their apps inside them for organization purposes.
In this guide, we will talk about the com.dti.folderlauncher app and its usages. We will also discuss its legitimacy, safety concerns, and whether or not you should uninstall it from your Android smartphone.
Why Is com.dti.folderlaunch App Useful?
Com.dti.folderlauncher apps can be helpful for several reasons. Here are a few benefits of using a folder launcher app on an Android device:
- Organization: Folder launcher apps allow users to create custom folders on their devices and place their apps inside them. It can help declutter the home screen and make it easier to find specific apps.
- Customization: In addition to creating custom folders, many folder launcher apps also allow users to customize the appearance of their home screen. It includes changing the layout, icon size, and overall home screen look.
- Efficiency: By grouping similar apps in custom folders, users can save time by not having to search through multiple pages of apps to find what they need.
- Separation of work and personal app: Folder launcher apps can also help create separate folders for work and individual apps, which can help users stay organized and focused on their tasks.
Overall, folder launcher apps can make using an Android device more efficient and organized and provide users with various customization options for their home screen.
What Permissions Does com.dti.folderlauncher Have?
com.dti.folderlauncher apps generally require specific permissions to function correctly on an Android device. These permissions include access to the device’s features or data, such as storage, phone, camera, or location.
The specific permissions required by a folder launcher app will vary depending on the app and its features. For example, a folder launcher app that can customize the home screen wallpaper will require access to the device’s storage to allow users to select a custom image. Similarly, a folder launcher app with the ability to search for apps will require access to the device’s search function.
It is essential for users to carefully review the permissions required by a folder launcher app before installing it on their device since in most cases, these permissions are pre-granted. Users may consider using a different app or adjusting their device’s privacy settings if they are uncomfortable with a particular permission request.
Is com.dti.folderlauncher App Safe?
In general, com.dti.folderlauncher apps are considered safe to use on Android devices. However, as with any app, it is always a good idea for users to be cautious when downloading and installing any app, including folder launcher apps. Users should be careful to only download apps from reputable sources, such as the Google Play Store, and pay attention to the permissions required by the app before installing it.
Can I Uninstall com.dti.folderlauncher App?
Conventional ways of uninstalling do not work with com.dti.folderlauncher apps. To do so, you can follow one of these two methods:
Uninstalling via ADB
To uninstall com.dti.folderlaunch from your Android device using ADB (Android Debug Bridge), you will need to have ADB installed on your computer and have your device connected to your computer via a USB cable (File Transfer mode).
Once you have ADB installed, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your device and navigate to “System” > “About phone”.
- Tap on the “Build number” option seven times to enable Developer Options.
- Go back to the main “Settings” menu and tap on “Developer Options” to open it.
- Enable “USB debugging” by tapping on the toggle switch next to it.
- Open ADB on your computer.
- Extract the ZIP file and open the extracted folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” button and right-click in a blank area of the folder.
- Select “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Enter the command “adb devices” and press Enter.
- On your device, you should receive a notification asking for permission to allow USB debugging. Tap “OK” to grant access.
- Now enter the command “adb devices” and press Enter. The service number of your device will now appear in the PowerShell window.
- Run the command “adb shell pm uninstall -User 0 com.dti.folderlauncher” and press Enter.
- The com.dti.folderlaunch app should be uninstalled from your device after the command runs to its entirety.
Uninstalling via System App Remover
To uninstall com.dti.folderlaunch from your Android device using System App Remover, you will need to root your device and install the System App Remover app. Once you have done this, follow these steps:
- Launch the System App Remover app.
- Toggle to the launcher app and select the checkbox beside it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
Keep in mind that rooting your device will void its warranty and may cause security vulnerabilities. It is also possible to accidentally delete important system apps, which could cause your device to malfunction. You should only root your device if you are confident in your abilities and understand the risks involved.
To sum up, com.dti.folderlauncher is an app package on Android devices that can be used to create custom folders for organizing apps and customize the home screen’s appearance. These apps can be helpful for a variety of purposes and can help make using an Android device more efficient and organized.