Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When your phone isn’t working, and you see an error message that your mobile data service has been temporarily turned off by your carrier, try switching on Airplane mode and turning it off immediately. If your phone is still not working, try restarting it or re-inserting the SIM card.
Find out if it’s time to get a new SIM card and how to go about doing so and how you can fix the problem:
Method 1: Turn On and Off Airplane Mode
Because it disables all of the phone’s wireless capabilities, turning Airplane Mode on and off was the most common solution we found.
A soft reset occurs when these systems are turned off and on again. This can assist fix problems with mobile data, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
- Two-finger swipe downward from the top of the screen.
- You’ll find it under the Quick Settings menu if you look for it there. If the toggle isn’t visible right away, swipe right.
- Turn on the Airplane mode setting. Your wireless capabilities will be disabled and an airplane logo will appear in the status bar.
- Turn the toggle off for at least 30 seconds.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center on an iPhone X or above. Slide down from the top right corner of the screen on an iPhone SE, 8, and before.
- Aim to locate the airplane symbol.
- Turn on the Airplane mode setting.
- Before turning off the switch, let it sit for at least 30 seconds.
- To see if the mobile data block notification reappears in your notification bar, check the status of this procedure.
Method 2: Remove And Insert The SIM Again
You may have been briefly unable to access your mobile data because your carrier was unable to authenticate you.
The SIM card is critical to the network authentication procedure, and problems or bugs with the card can cause havoc with the authentication services provided by your carrier.
Most SIM card problems can be resolved by removing and reinserting the SIM card.
Locate the phone’s SIM card slot. On the phone’s sides, there should be a slot with a little pinhole near it.
- Grab an open paperclip or your SIM ejector tool.
- In order to remove the slot, simply insert the tool or paperclip into the pinhole.
- Take out the SIM card by removing the tray.
- Putting the SIM back into the tray should wait at least 30 seconds before doing so. Check to see that it’s properly seated on the tray.
- To do this, simply slide in the tray.
- Restart your phone to get it going again.
Method 3: Blacklisted or Misplaced Phone
Phone security is a significant concern today. AT&T provides its customers with the highest quality security system to address this issue.
One of the reasons people prefer telecommunications operator AT&T over other operators in the United States is its excellent security system.
Receiving the service provider’s temporary disconnection notice may trigger the security system into believing that your phone has been misplaced or stolen.
It is essential to contact AT&T customer service immediately to explain the issue before you use your phone. This helps the provider to verify that the phone is yours and that it’s still in your hands.
Once the service professional has fixed the problem, you can use your phone again. The representative may tell you to turn your phone off and back on to re-establish the connection.
Method 4: Replace SIM
Check whether your SIM card is the source of the problem; if you get a message saying your carrier has temporarily shut off your mobile phone service.
Possibly, the SIM card has been broken or worn out. Furthermore, you may receive a message on your cell phone about an “unregistered SIM.”
If you suspect this is the case, remove your sim and check for the presence of dirt or oil. If there appears to be none, try putting it back in the device.
Remove your SIM card, clean it with an alcohol pad, place the SIM back in the slot, and reboot your phone.
If this doesn’t work, a new SIM card will be available for around $10 to replace the old one.
Method 5: Wait It Out
Occasionally, a tower problem may arise in your neighborhood.
Please reach out to AT&T customer service if your internet connection is still not working. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and let you know if there are any outages in your area.
There are many occasions when you must wait for technicians to address a tower issue before being able to reconnect.
If it’s a tower issue, your connection will return once it is fixed.
If your problem continues after a few hours of restarting, you might need to seek professional help.
If you’re still facing concerns, see if there’s a way to switch towers.
Many mobile phone companies operate on multiple towers in the same region, so you should have no trouble switching to a new one.
While being without internet access can be annoying and inconvenient, it is not an insurmountable problem. You can get your internet back up and running in no time at all if you have a little patience and even less work.
When there is an area interruption, the internet is out of your control. You’ll have to wait if there’s an outage in your location until the specialists can fix whatever’s broken. They’re on it and will get your connection back up and running as soon as they can.
Working from home is becoming increasingly popular, and as a result, more and more people are feeling the need to get their internet connection repaired. They are well aware of their responsibilities and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.