Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Try setting airplane mode on and off once to see if it fixes the No Mobile Data Service Temporarily Turned Off By Your Carrier issue. Restarting your phone or re-inserting the SIM card are some options to try.
Find out if it’s time to get a new SIM card and how to go about doing so and how you can fix the problem:
Method 1: Turn On and Off Airplane Mode
Because it disables all of the phone’s wireless capabilities, turning Airplane Mode on and off was the most common solution we found.
A soft reset occurs when these systems are turned off and on again. This can assist fix problems with mobile data, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
- Two-finger swipe downward from the top of the screen.
- You’ll find it under the Quick Settings menu if you look for it there. If the toggle isn’t visible right away, swipe right.
- Turn on the Airplane mode setting. Your wireless capabilities will be disabled and an airplane logo will appear in the status bar.
- Turn the toggle off for at least 30 seconds.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center on an iPhone X or above. Slide down from the top right corner of the screen on an iPhone SE, 8, and before.
- Aim to locate the airplane symbol.
- Turn on the Airplane mode setting.
- Before turning off the switch, let it sit for at least 30 seconds.
- To see if the mobile data block notification reappears in your notification bar, check the status of this procedure.
Method 2: Reinsert The SIM
You may have been briefly unable to access your mobile data because your carrier was unable to authenticate you.
The SIM card is critical to the network authentication procedure, and problems or bugs with the card can cause havoc with the authentication services provided by your carrier.
Most SIM card problems can be resolved by removing and reinserting the SIM card.
Locate the phone’s SIM card slot. On the phone’s sides, there should be a slot with a little pinhole near it.
- Grab an open paperclip or your SIM ejector tool.
- In order to remove the slot, simply insert the tool or paperclip into the pinhole.
- Take out the SIM card by removing the tray.
- Putting the SIM back into the tray should wait at least 30 seconds before doing so. Check to see that it’s properly seated on the tray.
- To do this, simply slide in the tray.
- Restart your phone to get it going again.
Method 3: Phone Lost or Blacklisted
In today’s world, phone security is a major problem. As a result, AT&T provides its clients with a top-notch security system.
AT&T’s security system is one of the reasons for its popularity as a telecommunications operator in the United States.
As a result of a temporary disconnection notice from your service provider, the service provider may believe that your phone has been stolen or lost.
AT&T customer support should be contacted if you have any suspicions that this is the issue. Verify that the phone is yours and that it is still in your possession before you can use it.
You will be able to use your phone again once the service professional has resolved the issue. To re-establish the connection, you may be advised by the representative to turn your phone off and on again.
Method 4: Replace SIM
Your SIM card may be the problem if you receive a notification indicating your carrier has temporarily disabled your mobile service.
It’s possible that your SIM card has been broken or worn out. In addition, you can get a message on your phone that reads, “unregistered SIM.”
If this is the case, you’ll want to take out your sim and check it for dirt or oil before putting it back in the machine again.
Place your SIM card back in the slot and restart your phone after you have cleaned it.
It will cost you around $10 to replace the SIM card if this doesn’t work out.
Method 5: Wait It Out
Occasionally, a tower problem may arise in your neighborhood.
Please contact AT&T customer service if the foregoing does not fix your internet connection. If there are any outages in your area, they will be able to let you know about them.
There are times when you have to wait for technicians to fix a problem with a tower before you can get back online.
Your connection should be restored as soon as the tower has been repaired.
If the problem persists after a few hours of rebooting, you may need to call the customer service number for assistance.
If the problem persists, you should inquire about the possibility of switching towers.
It’s common to find multiple towers in a given region, so you should have no problem switching to a new one.
While being without internet access can be annoying and inconvenient, it is not an insurmountable problem. You can get your internet back up and running in no time at all if you have a little patience and even less work.
When there is an area interruption, the internet is out of your control. You’ll have to wait if there’s an outage in your location until the specialists can fix whatever’s broken. They’re on it and will get your connection back up and running as soon as they can.
Working from home is becoming increasingly popular, and as a result, more and more people are feeling the need to get their internet connection repaired. They are well aware of their responsibilities and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.