Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do you have more than one cell phone? Maybe you have a work phone and a personal phone, or perhaps you like to have a backup in case something happens to your primary device.
In such situations, you know it can be a pain to switch between devices when you constantly get a text message. It would make life much easier if there were an easy way to automatically forward all text messages from your primary device to your secondary device. Well, there is!
This blog post will uncover ways to make your cell phone forward all text messages with Android and iOS devices.
Best Automatic Text Forwarding Methods
Some of the most popular ways to automatically forward text messages from your primary phone to your secondary phone are:
Using Google Voice App on Android
If you have an Android phone, the best way to automatically forward text messages is to use the Google Voice app. This Google app allows you to make and receive calls, as well as send and receive text messages, all from your secondary device.
You can also set up certain rules, such as forwarding a few contacts to your primary phone while others are sent to your secondary phone.
To set up automatic message forwarding with Google Voice App, follow these steps:
- Start by downloading the “Google Voice” app on your primary and secondary Android devices.
- Once you have the app installed on both devices, open and sign in with your Google account.
- After you have signed in, you will be asked to choose a Google Voice number.
- Once you have selected a number, you will be taken to the app’s main screen.
- Tap on the menu icon at the top left-hand corner and then tap on “Settings“.
- Look for the “Message Settings.” At this point, you have the option to forward text messages to linked numbers or an email address.
- Under Message settings, you will get the option to link the numbers or email addresses to forward text messages.
- If you carry an iPhone, you can follow the same process mentioned above, but remember that not every iPhone supports the Google Voice app.
iOS Message Forwarding
If you have an iPhone, there is a built-in message forwarding feature you can use. This feature allows you to forward text messages from your iPhone to other Apple devices, such as an iPad or MacBook. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to transfer text from your iOS to your Android device using this method.
To set up message forwarding on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings on your iPhone and select Messages Option.
- Next, tap on Send and Receive option, scroll down, and select the Text Message Forwarding option.
- You will be asked to authenticate your Apple ID to access the connected devices.
- Now, select the devices to which you want to forward your messages. You can select all the connected devices or some specific ones.
- Your iPhone will now start forwarding the messages to all other devices you selected.
Use Third-Party Apps For Text Forwarding
If you want more flexibility regarding which device to which you can forward your text messages, you can use a third-party app. There are a few different apps that you can choose from, but we recommend using the following ones:
MightyText is one of the most popular text message-forwarding apps. With the app, you can forward texts to another phone number and respond to them from your computer or tablet. You’ll also get notifications from a variety of other applications, such as WhatsApp, Snapchat, Telegram, and others. MightyText also creates a backup for your texts and calls and allows you to make a call right from your computer.
PhoneLeash is another great text message-forwarding app. It allows you to forward texts to another phone number and also has a web interface that you can use to respond to texts from your computer. PhoneLeash is a superb option if you need to forward texts to another phone number regularly. In addition, you can import text message records to your email address and obtain the GPS position of the other phone using this app.
AutoForward Text is an app that allows you to forward text messages to your email addresses automatically. The forwarded data also includes the phone’s contact information as well as its current location. It can be a great option if you want to keep a record of all the text messages you receive on your email account.
The app’s main advantage is its high degree of security since it utilizes SSL to guarantee that personal data remains private throughout the forwarding process. The application can also send messages depending on the keywords you choose.
You can automatically forward text messages to another phone in several ways. The article explains how to do that using a variety of methods depending on the type of phone you have.
You can use Google Voice, an iPhone’s built-in message forwarding feature, or a third-party app. Each method has its pros and cons, so go with the one that best suits your needs.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
- Can you mirror text messages to any other phone?
- Yes. Depending on your phone type and operating system, there are multiple ways to do this.
- Can you forward text messages from iPhone to Android?
- No. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this using the built-in features on either type of phone. You’ll need to use a third-party app if you want to forward texts from an iPhone to an Android device.
- Does call forwarding to include text forwarding?
- No. Call forwarding and text forwarding are two separate features. You’ll need to set up both if you want to forward both calls and texts to another phone.