Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you trying to figure out how you can automatically update all the installed apps on your Android and save the trouble of having to check for updates constantly? This is the article for you.
In this article, we will instruct you on how you can automatically update all installed apps on android and a lot more.
Let us begin without further ado…
How to Automatically Update All Installed Apps on Android?
- Navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Menu symbol, which looks like three bars, in the search bar.
- Select “My apps & games” from the drop-down menu.
- There should be two tabs: “Updates” and “Installed.” You must select the “Updates” option.
- The opened screen will show all installed apps as well as a list of available updates.
- Return to the “Updates” tab.
- Select “Update all.”
Every available update for your installed apps will be downloaded and installed as a result. Please keep in mind that this process can take a long time.
How to disable Auto-updates for all apps?
You may activate or disable automatic app updates in the Google Play Store. Here’s how to enable or disable automatic app updates for all apps.
- On your smartphone, launch the Google Play Store app.
- On the top left corner of the screen, tap the Menu option.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on ‘Auto-update’ apps under General Settings. Here, the popup will present three possibilities. Do not auto-update applications — Select this option to prevent all apps installed on your smartphone from automatically updating.
When you disable app auto-update, anytime an app wants to update itself, a Google Play icon appears in the notifications bar. You can manually authorize app updates by tapping on the notification.
How to Auto Update selected apps on Android?
Automatic download of updates in Google Play settings is an option if you don’t want to keep updating apps manually. If your device doesn’t have enough memory to install all of the updates, it will prioritize which ones to install first.
- To enable automatic updates for all apps on Android, do the following:
- Log in to your Google Play Store personal account.
- Go to Settings by tapping the icon that looks like three bars.
- Look for the “Auto-update apps” option.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Across any network. The new versions of your programme will be downloaded via any accessible network or your mobile traffic.
- Only via Wi-Fi. Only if a Wi-Fi network is available can updates be downloaded.
- To enable automatic updates for a specific app, do the following:
- Launch the Play Store.
- Open the tab “My applications & games” by tapping the icon that looks like three bars.
- Choose the app you require.
- Click the “More” button (three vertical dots one the right corner).
- Select the checkbox next to “Enable auto updating.”
As soon as a new version of an update is available, it will be downloaded automatically. If you wish to disable the feature, simply uncheck the box you checked.
How to manually update installed apps on Android?
These are the steps you must take to update an Android app:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Menu symbol, which looks like three horizontal bars, in the search bar.
- Select “My applications and games” from the drop-down menu.
- The “Updates” and “Installed” tabs should show. The “Updates” tab must be selected.
- The opened screen will provide a list of all the programmes that are currently installed as well as any updates that are available.
- Update the apps you’ve marked.
- It’s time to “Update.”
- On Android, the process of downloading and installing the app will be handled automatically.
- The “Open” button will appear once the update has been completed. You may see how well a newly installed programme performs by tapping on it.
How to update apps on your iPhone manually?
You can always update the apps on your iPhone by going to the App Store:
- Launch the App Store.
- Tap on your profile.
- To launch a scan for the most recent app updates, use a swipe-down gesture.
- To update an app, click the Update button next to it. Alternatively, tap Update All to install all available app updates.
Alternatively, you can use the App Store to find an app. If there is a pending update, an Update button should appear alongside it. This is perfect when you need to quickly update a single programme.
How to update apps on your iPhone automatically?
Instead of manually updating apps, you can programme your iPhone to do it for you:
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select App Store.
- Turn on the Automatic Updates switch.
Despite having automatic app updates turned on, your iPhone may not always install them right away. As a result, it’s still a good idea to run a manual update check once in a while.
Why Should We Update Applications?
A common first query is “Do I need to update the application I’m currently using?”
Many people overlook the need of regularly updating mobile apps. Often, it is because to a lack of memory on a device or because of a change in an app’s UI after an update.
The apps on our Android device need to be updated for a variety of reasons:
In many cases, new features are rolled out in the form of software upgrades. You may notice a new button or link in your app’s UI after it has been updated.
It doesn’t take long for present security measures to be rendered obsolete, and new ones be instituted in their place. App updates are then used to provide these security fixes. Apps have been updated to remove serious flaws that might allow malware and spyware to infiltrate the system
If you don’t keep your apps up to date, you may run into troubles with the OS and the app.
Particularly inexperienced developers who are eager to get their apps out there make a number of mistakes while developing an app. Many of these products are plagued by software bugs. Their issues can be remedied with software updates.
Eventually, many Android apps will stop working if they don’t receive any updates.
There are no hiccups when using Android apps thanks to updates that increase their efficiency and functionality.