Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trying to install an app from Google Play Store and seeing the notification saying Error retrieving information from server RH-01 on your screen?
This may be a concerning issue if you keep seeing it again and again as it will stop you from installing any new application that you would like to use. But how to fix it? Can it be fixed manually? Well, to find out the same, this guide is been curated for your ease. Have a look-
Reasons for RH-01 Error on your Android device
Before heading to the fixes that we are sharing here, it is vital to understand the reason for the same and thus, here are some of the possibilities that might be the reason for this RH-01 error-
- Your Google Play Store must be incompatible- Using an incorrect version of the Play Store may create such issues. And for that, it is recommended to either update or downgrade your Play Store version. Also, one other issue could be you using any third-party app store due to which it may be happening.
- Old device- If your device is pretty too old for your current usage, then it could be the reason. Most of the issue happens because when you’re using an older device, you will have issues in your storage, RAM and ROM and it will not get fixed unless you use an updated device.
- Customized APK app- Most android users love customization and thus download some modded apps that can be modified as per the usage. Although such apps look tempting, they aren’t safe and thus, you might get such errors.
- The issue in one of the apps you have installed- Even though you have installed an app from the Google Play Store, it might not be the safe one and may create such errors. In such cases, you should perform safe mode and see where the issue occurs.
Ways to Fix ‘Error Retrieving Information from Server RH-01’ on Android?
Now that you’re here waiting for knowing the methods to fix this error, you must read all these easy and simple step-by-step ways to fix the error retrieving information from server RH-01 on your Android devices-
1- Restart your device
Although you may think that it won’t fix the issue, it will come in handy if you have just encountered the issue now. Restarting your device seems to be the easiest but workable method if you’re trying to fix an issue. To do that, the following are the steps-
- Tap on the power button until it turns off.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Tap on the power button again and turn it on.
Note- Alternatively, if your device offers a restart option, you can do that as well.
2- Edit your date and time settings
Date and Time have a lot to do with your phone’s settings and if it is wrongly updated, you may experience such issues as your phone might not be able to execute tasks the way they should be done. Thus, if your date and time are wrongly updated, follow these steps and correct it-
- First, go to settings.
- Now in the drop-down menu, tap on System.
- Go to Date and Time.
- You can see the Automatic date and time turned on. Toggle it off.
- Now edit the date and time manually.
- Save it.
3- Clear your Google Play Store Cache
If the error RH-01 is showing up again and again, then one of the reasons could be your Google Play Store cache which might be overloaded. And thus, clearing the existing cache data is going to fix the problem for you. Following are the given steps to complete it-
- First, open your device and go to settings.
- Now tap on the Apps and Notifications option.
- Go to the All apps option.
- Search for Google Play Services and tap on Force Stop.
- Hover to Storage and click on Clear Cache.
- Confirm your command.
- Once done, restart your android device.
4- Reset App Preferences
Your Play Store will require all sorts of permissions to run the apps without any glitches and just in case you have made your interference in its settings, it may show up such an error and thus, you need to ensure that all the settings were as it is. For that, you can reset the app preferences once-
- First, go to Settings.
- Tap on Apps and Notification from the drop-down list.
- Go to Apps.
- Now you can see the three dots visible at the top right corner. Tap on that.
- Tap on Reset App Preferences.
- Now click on Reset Apps.
- Save the settings.
Note- If you’re finding an issue doing the same, you can also go to System>Reset>Reset App Preferences>Reset Apps.
5- Remove and Re-Add your Google Account
One of the methods to fix this issue is to remove your existing Google Account and re-add it to see if the issue still persists. You may be able to fix it once you re-add your account. Following are the steps to complete the process-
To remove your Google Account-
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Now go to Accounts.
- Now tap on the name of the account that you wish to remove.
- Click on the menu option and tap on Remove the Account.
To re-add your Google Account-
- Now go to Accounts.
- Tap on Add account.
- Click on Google and add your email address and password.
- Now add the code that you will receive on your phone number.
- Enter it and it’s done.
6- Force your Play Store to Stop
If nothing works out, you can also try forcing your Play Store to stop and it might fix the issue as such errors happen due to Play Store having a glitch at times. The following are the steps-
- Open your device’s Settings option.
- Go to Apps and Notifications.
- Go to All Apps.
- Now locate Google Play Store.
- Open it and tap on Force Stop.
- Restart your device.
7- Go to Safe Mode
You need to make sure that none of the apps that you’re using is bothering Google Play Store if it is, it may show up the RH-01 error. And to know if it is, it is recommended to run the device in safe mode so that no third-party app can interfere. Following are the steps to enable the safe mode in your Android device-
- First, press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn off the device.
- Now keep holding the power button.
- You will see a pop-up saying Reboot to safe mode.
- Tap on OK.
- Restart your device.
Note- Now if you were able to use the Play Store in safe mode, then know that the issue is with some of the recently installed apps, and thus, you can delete them to fix it.
8- Downgrade your Play Store
You might have updated your Play Store and there may be some glitches due to which you’re facing this error hence, the best way to fix it is to downgrade your Play Store version and use the older version. The following are the steps-
- First, go to Settings.
- Now tap on Apps and Notifications.
- Now go to Google Play Store.
- Tap on the three dots visible at the top right corner.
- Tap on Uninstall Updates.
- Click on Ok.
Note- If you’re still unable to fix it, then you can also try doing the opposite of the same. Go to Google Play Store and see if there are any updates available. If yes, update it and see if it fixes the issue.
All these were the methods via which you can easily fix this ‘Error Retrieving Information from Server RH-01’ on your Android device and start installing as many apps as you want from the Google Play Store.
However, if you’re still not able to fix the issue and you want to install any app urgently, we recommend you use any third-party app store or install it from the APK version of it that you can find on the app’s official website. But make sure that you do not go for any spammy websites. If you have any issues or questions regarding the same, please comment below and let us know.
1- Is it safe to install apps from the APK version?
Yes, it is completely safe to download a few apps from their APK version. However, you need to check the authenticity of such apps and see if you’re installing them from the official website or a fake one.
2- Can we uninstall the Google Play Store?
No, even if the issue still persists, you must not uninstall the Play Store and look for some other fixes that we have shared below. One must never uninstall the Google Play Store.
3- Is it ok to install third-party app stores?
Although people prefer using third-party apps for installing those apps that are not available on Google Play Store, we still do not recommend you to go for every third-party app store as it might not be safe and thus, you must check the authenticity of the app before you begin to install it in your device.