Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Logitech headsets are one of the most bought products all around the globe but many people have recently discovered an issue in their Logitech G930 headset and found that it is randomly turning on and off. Although it’s not common for sure an easy-to-solve problem that occurs for various reasons.
You may witness it, especially when you upgrade your Windows or the drivers. It also happens due to weak connectivity and for more such reasons. But if you’re searching for how to fix this issue, then this guide is going to be the one for you.
So in this in-depth extensive guide, let us understand the issue, its causes and the solution. Let’s get going-
What causes the Logitech G930 Headset Randomly Turning Off and On?
It may become problematic if your Logitech suddenly starts randomly turning off and on again and again. It is a situation that may happen and you may start looking for its solution instantly. But how does it happen and why? What is the main reason behind this issue? The thumb rule to solve any problem is to go to the roots of the issue and that is why we’re here talking about the reasons for the issue. The connection problem of the Logitech may get disturbed due to-
- Driver issue- There may be some error in your Logitech driver due to which it is getting on and off again. In such cases, you will require to update the driver.
- USB unable to find power- If there’s damage in your USB cable due to which it isn’t able to hold power, your Bluetooth receiver will get unstable and it will lead to getting on and off.
- Wireless device interference- Wireless device interference can cause a lot of damage. For eg, if there’s some issue between your Bluetooth or Wi-Fi device, it will intervene in your device’s headset.
How to fix the Logitech G930 Headset Randomly Turning Off and On issue?
1- Try a different USB port
Let us start with the basics, as I always recommend. If you’re not able to have a stable connection to your Logitech 930, then the very first thing you should try on is to try switching your USB port. For this, you need to connect the device’s headset to a new or alternate USB port properly. Ensure that it is well plugged in and the switch is on, and see if it is working. If it is working, the issue lies in your USB port and you can get it changed asap.
2- Update your Logitech driver
It is crucial to keep your Logitech G930 driver up to date. If it is not, you may experience such issues regularly. And assuming that you’re already witnessing the same, check if you have updated Logitech G930 drivers or not. It can be done both ways, manually and automatically. But first, you’re required to uninstall the existing drivers. For this, follow the given steps-
- First, go to your device manager.
- Now tap on Sound, video and games controller options.
- Hover to Logitech Headset G930.
- Now, right-click and choose Uninstall device.
- You will have to confirm it again by clicking on Uninstall.
- Wait until it shows done.
To update the drivers manually-
If you do not want to use any third-party tool and can update the drivers manually, then you must follow the given steps-
- Go to the official page of the website.
- Now tap on the Logitech G930 Headset driver page.
- Tap on Download now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions step by step.
- And it’s done.
To update it automatically-
Now if you do not want the hassle of updating your Logitech G930 drivers manually, you can also try doing it automatically with various tools available in the market. Here, we are giving an example of using Driver Easy.
The app is available in your preferred app stores and you can either use the free or the premium version of the same. It will not only do the work for you but will also guide you if in case you download the wrong one mistakenly. Since its premium version also comes with a guarantee of 30 days’ money back, it is surely worth one to try on. And all you need to do is to install it and then follow the given steps here-
- Open the application and tap on the scan now button.
- Wait until the app scans your PC and finds any issues in the driver.
- Tap on Update all.
Once you do all these steps, it will start installing and updating the correct versions of the drivers that your device needs.
Note- Once you complete the process given above, make sure you restart your PC and see if the issue persists.
3- Roll back to old versions
In the above-given situation, we have recommended updating the drivers of your Logitech G930 as it may be the reason why its headset is turning on and off. However, if you have already updated the new updates and if even after that you’re facing the issue, then it may be due to some glitch in your update and you must roll back to the previous version of the driver. To know how to get it done, follow the steps we are sharing below-
- First, right-click on the start menu and tap on device manager from the given menu.
- Tap on the Audio inputs and outputs option.
- From the given list, right-click on the Logitech G930 driver option and click on Properties.
- Now go to the Driver option.
- Tap on Roll Back Driver.
- You will be given some on-screen instructions. Follow them.
And that’s it. You will be able to use the older version of your drivers and see if it solves the problem. To get it into action, make sure that you reboot your PC once.
4- Turn off your USB root hub power management
One of the best methods to solve your issue is also to check and reset your Logitech’s USB root hub power management. You can try following the given method-
- First, go to the device manager.
- Tap on the Universal serial bus controller option and hover over the USB root hub.
- Now go to Properties.
- Tap on Power management.
- Now you can see the option of allowing the PC to turn off this device to save power. Uncheck that box next to it.
- Now go to power save for all USB root hubs and uncheck it.
- Do the same for the generic USB option too.
- Save it.
5- Adjust your headset’s audio settings
One other option to make it work is also to customize the audio settings of your headset a bit. Following are the steps to complete the process-
- First, go to the sound icon of your PC and right-click on it.
- Tap on Sounds. You can see the Playback option. Tap on Speakers.
- Hover on Configure.
- Tap on Next.
- Now uncheck the box located. Tap Next.
- Now click on Finish.
- Tap on Playback and go to Speakers.
- Tap on Properties.
- Go to the Enhancement option and tick on disable all enhancements option.
- Click on OK.
6- Change the Interval time
If you’re still unable to solve the issue of why your Logitech headset is turning off and on, then making a little bit of tweak in the interval time of your gaming software can be beneficial. Following are the steps that you must follow for the same-
- First, you need to exit the Logitech gaming software and go to the file explorer option. Press Windows+E.
- Now tap on the C drive option and go to Programs.
- Now hover over Logitech gaming software and go to resources.
- From the given list, choose G930 and tap on Manifest.
- Now open the Manifest folder option and right-click on device_manifest.xml.
- Tap on Open with notepad option.
- Now press CTRL+F and go to the search box.
- Type turnoffinterval.
- Tap on Find Next.
- Now find the “Battery turnoffinterval=”900 option. Edit that and change the value to 0.
- Save it.
These were the tried and tested methods via which you can easily solve your Logitech G930 headset randomly turning on and off issue. All these methods are not only tested but officially proven as well and thus, you can rely on them completely. If in case you’re still not able to find a solution for the same, try contacting customer support for the same as it may be some technical issue.