Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you wondering what the app named MMI group on your Samsung smartphone is? This tech guide will explain all the details you need regarding the safety and usage of this app.
MMI Group is an application that resides in App Settings within the System Settings menu. Interestingly, this app demands a lot of permissions and is tricky to uninstall, which raises questions regarding its legitimacy.
In this article, I will talk about the MMI Group app and its usage in detail. We will also discuss whether it’s safe to keep and, if not, how to uninstall it from your device. Let’s get going.
What is the MMI Group App?
It’s a System application in Samsung devices that allows your phone or tablet to connect with numerous devices, providing you centralized access to multiple devices. Thanks to the MMI app, your Samsung device can control other devices remotely. The apps and data are synced to provide a seamless experience.
MMI group app comes pre-installed on every Samsung device and has auto-granted permissions to several other apps, including gallery, phone, camera, and more. There is no option to revoke the permissions since they are required for the smooth operation of the app and system.
Is It Safe?
The biggest question, however, is whether the MMI Group app is safe. The answer is yes; It’s a 100% secure and legitimate application. The selected Samsung device comes with this app as a system package component and doesn’t compromise your security and data privacy.
Samsung phones are known for their advanced security features and won’t include any app if there is even the slightest chance of a security breach.
It may be strange why this app has so many permissions without you granting them, and it may create skepticism. To be 100% sure, you can install an antivirus or Antimalware app on your phone and scan it. We used multiple security apps to check the validity of the MMI group app, and each one recognized it as a System app.
Should You Delete MMI Group App?
The MMI Group app is harmless, and you don’t have to delete it from your phone. It is a part of the system firmware which performs specific actions. The app always works in the background and doesn’t even use many resources or slow down the phone.
Also, there is no straightforward way to remove this app from your phone. If you go to the System settings and App folder, you will notice that there is no option to uninstall or disable the MMI Group app.
However, if you still want to delete it, you need to take an alternative route which requires basic computer skills. Let’s see how you can remove the MMI Group app from your Samsung smartphone:
How to Delete MMI Group App?
To delete the MMI Group app from your device, take the following steps:
- Go to phone Settings by tapping the Gear icon and scroll down to the About Phone section.
- Locate the Build Number and tap on it at least seven times to unlock the developer mode. You will see a flash notification saying You have now entered developer mode.
- Go back to the Settings menu and tap on Developer Options.
- Locate USB debugging and turn it on using the toggle switch.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and select File Transfer on your phone.
- Select Always allow from this computer when asked for USB Debugging permission.
- Search for ADB drivers software on the internet and download it on your computer. You can find a download link here.
- Download the content of the Zip files using an unzip program. Choose a location that you can access easily.
- Go to the ADB drivers’ directory and choose Open PowerShell Window Here while holding the shift key and lift-clicking. It will open a Command Prompt window.
- Type adb devices in the command prompt window.
- You will notice your Samsung device’s serial number on the PowerShell window.
- You are now ready to use the ADB command pm uninstall –k ––user 0 (name of the package) to uninstall unwanted applications or programs from your device.
- To find out the package name of the particular program, you need to download App Inspector from Google PlayStore.
- Find the package name for MMI Group and insert it along with the ADB command on the PowerShell window.
The MMI Group app will be uninstalled from your device.