Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update is a completely free application update for the AllShareCast Dongle app on Samsung devices such as Galaxy S4. It is developed by Samsung Electronics Mobile Biz. Being a popular utility app update, it is available on most of the popular websites, and it is downloaded more than 2845 times.
If you like to share and view content, you can cast streamed content from your device using Samsung AllShare Cast dongle, but facing an error while streaming this update will effectively solve your problem and put an end to all your queries. Do check the update for viruses, using your regular antivirus to avoid any risks.
How to install AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update on your Android device?
- When you are on the official website of AllShareCast, then click on the continue to app button which will redirect you to the app store or Google Play Store.
- Click on the download button and install the app as soon as the “AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update” appears on the screen.
- If you are asked to allow some permissions, grant them to continue.
- Once the app is downloaded, the installation process will start on your device, and you will get a notification when it’s installed.
Now that we know AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update S4 is an update to the application AllShare Cast Dongle, you must be wondering what AllShare Cast Dongle is. Here is all about it.
What is AllShare Cast Dongle?
Samsung’s AllShare Cast service makes it possible to wirelessly display content from a Samsung smartphone, tablet, or PC on a Samsung HDTV. In 2012, Samsung released the AllShare Play software and dongle together. Playing slideshows of photos taken with the phone or watching films were just a few of the many uses for this device. A solid WiFi connection was required to stream the content when it was preinstalled with Samsung devices.
As a result, Samsung developed a hardware Accessory that is more reliable. Back in the day, Samsung’s AllShare Cast dongle was compatible with the Galaxy S III and the Note line of smartphones. Whereas a wireless connection allows for wire-free streaming, an accessory dongle linked to a TV’s HDMI port ensures a solid connection.
You can use the Allshare service with the Samsung Allshare cast dongle, a physical device. To use this feature, simply connect your phone to your TV and the screen will be mirrored.
An HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) cable can be used to connect an HDTV to a cast dongle, allowing you to broadcast video from your phone to the television without the need for a cable.
The Samsung Allshare cast app preinstalled on Samsung smartphones can then be used to establish a connection between the partnering devices.
A Smart TV or HDTV is required for the app to function properly. The Allshare cast dongle is unnecessary if a Samsung Smart TV is utilised.
However, the Allshare dongle has an HDMI connection, a power socket, a reset button, and a status light.
What is AllShare Cast For Smart TV?
In order to mirror your Android screen on your TV, you can use the All Share Cast for Smart TV Screen Mirroring app receiver. It mirrors your Android phone or tablet’s screen to a smart TV/Display (Miracast-enabled) or a wireless dongles or adapters.
Without the need for wires or expensive settings, you can mirror your device on a large screen. Your phone can be used to play games, demo apps, or present to a large audience. The TV, like your phone, must be linked to a Wi-Fi network in order to perform screen mirroring.
Any device (smartphone, smartTV, laptop or tablet) can use All Share Cast For Smart TV to play films, music, photographs and other content from smartphones. Screen mirroring on an Android TV/Box is made easier with this app, which is both dependable and well-suited.
How to set up AllShare Cast Dongle?
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the dongle and the other end to one of your television’s HDMI sockets.
- Connect the dongle to the mains adaptor, connect it in, and turn it on.
- On the dongle, a red light will illuminate. When the red light begins to blink, use your TV remote to switch to HDMI.
- Your television screen will now display confirmation of the connection.
- The light will become blue when you press the reset button on the back of the dongle.
- Now, connect your device to the dongle. There are a variety of connection methods available, depending on the sort of device you own.
Quick Connect: The majority of Samsung smartphones come equipped with Quick Connect. Quick Connect is as simple as swiping down from the top of the screen.
Via Settings: Navigate to NFC and Sharing or More Connections Settings on your device.
- You should be able to connect utilising the ShareView, Screen Mirroring, or AllShare capabilities, depending on your model and operating system.
- You’ll see a screen displaying the devices that are now available. Squeeze the Dongle.
- Your device should now be connected to both the dongle and the television.
How to Screen Mirror Samsung Phone to a TV Using Allshare Cast Dongle?
The process of Smart Viewing your phone to your TV may differ depending on the sort of television you’re using. The core stages, though, are pretty similar, and here’s what you should expect:
You don’t need the Allshare gadget with a Samsung Smart TV because the service is already set up to function with your smartphone and reflect its screen. As a result, the majority of the work has been done for you. As a result, all you need to do to use the service is:
- Click the “Input” Button.
- Select the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- To utilise the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub or dongle with an HDTV, you must first manually set it to work with your TV. The steps below will walk you through it.
- Connect the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub to a power supply and wait for the power signal to become red.
- Connect the gadget to your TV using an HDMI cable, connecting one end to the TV port and the other to the dongle.
- Change the input source on your TV to HDMI using the remote.
- Following that, your television must be identified.
- When this is done, the device’s indicator will turn red.
- At the indicator’s signal, press the Reset button, which should emit a blue light.
- If you’ve followed these steps correctly, you should be able to connect your smartphone and other compatible devices to your HDTV using the AllShare Cast device’s capabilities.
You can now pair your smartphone to the dongle using your phone’s settings or the quick connect option.
Do the following from your phone’s settings menu:
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone.
- Navigate to the “NFC and Sharing” section.
- Depending on your Samsung’s mode, select “Screen Mirroring,” “Share View,” or “AllShare features.”
- Select the gear button on the Screen Mirroring page to enable the feature.
- After that, your phone will launch an automatic search to locate the TV.
- Then, in order to connect to the TV, click on its name as displayed on your phone.
- If that works, the name of your phone will appear on the screen of your TV.
The Quick connect method, as the name suggests, aims to provide you with speedier connections.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Next, select the “Quick connect” option.
- You’ll see a screen with a list of available devices. Click on the Dongle.
- When connecting to a computer, these methods can also be used. In this instance, the AllShare cast dongle can be powered by connecting it to a power source via the travel adapter.
After 3 seconds, the indicator begins to flicker, preparing the device for connection to a monitor using an HDMI A-to-A cable.
Screens having a resolution of at least 1080p are supported when connected to a TV or monitor.
Remember that if a headset is placed into the smartphone while the video material is being streamed, the connection will be lost. Games, on the other hand, will continue to work even if a Bluetooth headset is used.
How to Remove the Allcast Dongle App on Samsung?
The Allcast dongle app is automatically installed on smartphones such as the Samsung S4.
A user was not happy with a preloaded application that could read and access a person’s data, according to one source.
Other issues include the programme constantly updating itself and consuming an excessive amount of battery power. If this is the case for you, we’ve listed several procedures that will allow you to uninstall the Allcast dongle software for Samsung.
Method 1: Force Stop Application
One option is to force stop the app’s operation on your phone, however this is only a temporary solution.
You can opt to freeze, block, or stop the app directly from the phone’s settings or via a third-party app from the Google Play store.
Method 2: Reset or Root Smartphone:
Alternatively, you can remove the app by performing a phone reset, and you may be offered to select which default apps you want to keep on the phone.
Another option for removing the AllShare app is to root your phone, which is not recommended, especially if this is your first time.
As a result, there will be a trade; do you want a permanent solution or a temporary solution that is also safer?