Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Turtle Beach has taken the gaming experience with PlayStation and Xbox One to another level. Users have reported about the excellent sound of these wireless gaming headsets. The Stealth 600 headset provides you with a light design and fabulous sound quality.
These headsets are typically meant for working with computers. However, they are compatible with some gaming consoles as well. Given a few considerations, this might require you to use a special adapter. Ideally, you can connect the headset to your PC by directly connecting it to the sound card. The amplifier with it comes elevates the audio experience.
Whether you are playing a game or engaged in office work, these headsets can be connected to your PC with or without an adapter. However, the connectivity concerns rely on the compatibility of particular PC brands and the type of adapter the headset can work with.
Read this page to learn more about connecting the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to a PC with or without an adapter. Also, this page enables you with the relevant information about setting up the PC with Turtle Beach 600 and the various brands of PCs that are compatible with these headsets.
Connect Turtle Beach to PC With an Adapter
Most PCs allow you to connect the headsets to an Xbox Wireless Adapter. This way, you can use the same wireless connection while connecting it to the PC. However, in such a case, the controls would be different.
Follow these steps to connect the headset to your PC that does not have an Xbox Wireless built-in, and you need to use an adapter for the same.
- Connect an Xbox Wireless Adapter to the USB port of your PC.
- Turn the headset on by pressing and holding the Power button for a few seconds.
- Press the Enroll button on the adapter to see the LED flashing on it.
- Locate the Connect button on the headset and press and hold it till the headset flashes its LED light.
- The LEDs of the adapter and the headset will stabilize, implying that they have synced with each other.
You should know that the Xbox Wireless Adapter does not come with the headset, and you need to purchase it separately. Additionally, when you connect it to the PC, the volume controls will differ from what you may have with an Xbox console.
Using the upper volume control on the headset, use the volume, turn it down to the minimum value to avoid any burst of noise. Use the upper control volume on the headset to adjust the volume of your PC. You should know that these controls aren’t functional as the Xbox One console. Therefore, you cannot control the Game and Chat audio separately.
Connect Without an Adapter
Even without plugging in the USB Xbox Wireless Adapter dongle to your PC, you can connect the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset. You need to use the built-in Xbox Wireless feature for this purpose. It works like Bluetooth that works with Xbox devices and other similar devices meant for Windows computers and Xbox consoles.
You should ensure that the PC you use comes with a built-in Xbox Windows functionality. For this purpose, check the PC’s specifications or the user manual. Alternatively, you can visit the PC manufacturer’s website to get more details.
Unfortunately, not all PCs come with outward indicators about built-in Xbox Wireless functionality. Therefore, you should stick to your manufacturer’s website for appropriate details. Once you are sure about the PC’s Xbox Wireless functionality, follow the steps below to connect the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset. These steps won’t require an adapter.
Before checking if these steps work with connecting your headset with the PC without an adapter, ensure to charge your headset fully and switch it on.
- Open Setting on your PC.
- Click on Devices and select ‘Connected Devices.’
- Select the Add a Device option and ensure that the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is near the PC.
- Once you click this option, the PC explores the nearby devices using the Xbox Wireless feature.
- Get your Stealth 600 headset and press and hold the Connect button on the headset till it flashes the LED light rapidly.
- Check the list of Other Devices on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the Stealth 600 option on the list of other devices, and it will connect to your PC.
Once you have successfully connected the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset to your Windows PC, you may have to work a bit to acquire the powerful audio for an avid gamer and clarity of the mic. For this purpose, follow these steps.
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar of your PC.
- Click on Sounds.
- Locate the Playback tab.
- Set Turtle Beach Stealth 600 as the default device.
- Click on the Recording tab to ensure that the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 as the default listening and recording device.
This way, you remain assured about using the headset by default for all your audio and recording tasks without any issues with its compatibility.
PCs Featuring Built-In Xbox Wireless
As already discussed, only specific Windows 10 PCs come with a built-in RF module. This module is necessary to make Xbox Wireless functionable. However, this feature was limited to laptops and particular pre-built desktop computers, making the system all the more complex.
Here are the various Windows PCs that come with built-in Xbox Wireless facilities.
- Microsoft Surface Studio
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch model)
- Lenovo Legion Y720
- Lenovo Idea Centre Y710 Cube
- ASUS G703
But it would be best to explore your options as you may find other PCs enabling this feature as well. However, as of the moment, there aren’t individual motherboards providing Xbox Wireless functionality. Therefore, you may have to use a USB dongle to connect the Stealth 600 headset to your PC.
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 PC Setup
While connecting the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to the PC, you might face specific issues with the setup. In such cases, the PC settings are responsible. Therefore, you should configure the PC settings for this purpose. The process to do that is straightforward.
It is the same process mentioned earlier to set the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 as the default device for your PC. It is indeed a simple process. Additionally, ensure to check your PC’s specifications to ensure the compatibility of the built-in Xbox Wireless feature with your PC.
As the headset’s volume controls won’t function when connected to the PC, you would have to use the volume controls of the PC output.
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Xbox – Xbox Setup
Follow these steps to connect the headset to your Xbox console for a seamless gaming experience. Before that, turn your headset on and pair it with the console, following the steps mentioned earlier. Once they are paired with each other, configure the Windows Sonic Surround Sound following these steps.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller that pops up a screen on your PC.
- Browse through the Profile & System tab and click on Settings.
- Open the General menu and select Volume & Audio Output option.
- Set the Headset Format to Windows Sonic for Headphones in the Headset Audio column.
Are There Alternative Connectivity Options?
Unfortunately, there are no other connectivity options for the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 other than using an Xbox Wireless or adapter. It comes with a Micro USB cable meant for charging and updating the headset. However, it cannot transfer audio data to and from the PC.
So, you have built-in Xbox Wireless as the only option to connect the headset to the computer without the use of an Adapter. If you were wondering about connectivity facilities using Wi-Fi, you have no way to go through it.
The Stealth 600 utilizes 2.4 GHz wireless technology to connect to Xbox consoles and computers. However, it has no facility allow to connect via Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi connectivity would be a lot helpful for dongle-free users, primarily those without an extra USB-port to connect the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
If you feel that the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 is not the type of headset you expected it to be or have additional requirements, you can consider the Turtle Beach Stealth 700. It provides you with enhanced connectivity to connect to your PC without an adapter or built-in Xbox Wireless.
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 uses standard Bluetooth connectivity as its source of wireless connection. It, therefore, makes it relatively more flexible for an option. At the same time, other options of wireless headsets may be available.
They may enable you to pair the headset to the PC with the help of Bluetooth and Xbox Wireless connectivity. Therefore, if you require a connectivity without using dongles for a seamless gaming experience, you should explore your options.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Headset
Here are the various factors you should keep in check while purchasing the appropriate headset for your gaming or working requirements.
- Quality of Sound: The sound quality, along with features like noise cancellation, surround sound, and the base, are essential for the smoothness of the gaming experience.
- Comfort Features: An avid gamer would have high demands for the perfect pair of headsets since they spend most of their time in gaming. Therefore, the headsets must be comfortable enough to keep them wearing for long hours. This means they should have large-enough ear cups with thick and soft padding with an adjustable headband.
- Wireless Connectivity: Stealth 600 is a wireless device. Whether you want a wireless pair of headsets or one with wire would be determined according to your mobility plans while wearing the headsets.
- Volume Control: Find a headset that allows you to adjust the volume of each speaker. You should be able to control the volume of the headsets using its upper volume control after setting up the PC.
Although an excellent headset can elevate your overall gaming experience, the setup process, the involvement of special adapters and audio stations can be challenging at times. However, it is worth the time and effort once you figure it out correctly.
Apart from the connectivity, the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 offers 50mm, over-the-ear speakers. Additionally, it is equipped with a 15-hour rechargeable battery and a flip-up mic. You can mute the mic when needed. Furthermore, you get a ProSpecs design that comforts you while wearing the headset with your glasses on.
Whether for work purposes or smooth gaming experiences, connecting the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to your PC with or without an Adapter is easy and doable. No matter the course of time or effort it may take to set up the headset with your PC with or without an Adapter, you would love the result in the end.
Plagiarism due to unavoidable technical terms and Proper nouns.