Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is your Android device reporting the error “Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection”?
Please restart your phone in order to get rid of the “downloading English (US) update waiting for a network connection” problem.
Reinstalling Google Speech Services from the Google Play Store may work as an alternative.
The “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” problem can be fixed by following these instructions:
- Navigate to your phone’s “Settings” app.
- After you’ve tapped “Settings,” you’ll be sent to the settings page.
- There are several options on the settings page. This includes “Privacy,” “Location,” “Google,” and other terms. Scroll down and select “Google.”
- After you’ve selected “Google,” you’ll be presented with a number of possibilities. This contains “Ads,” “Autofill,” “Backup,” and other features. You must control the Google Speech Services app. As a result, you must select “Settings for Google apps.”
- After clicking “Settings for Google apps,” you’ll be sent to the “Settings for Google apps” page. There are several alternatives on the page. This includes “connected apps,” “Google Contacts sync,” “Google Fit,” and other features. Because you want to administer the Google Speech Services app, select “Search, Assistant & Voice.”
- After you’ve selected “Search, Assistant & Voice,” you’ll be taken to the settings screen. There are several options on this page, including “General,” “Notifications,” “Hide explicit results,” and others. To manage it, select “Voice.”
- After you’ve selected “Voice,” you’ll be presented with a number of options. This contains “Languages,” “Spoken results,” “Offline voice recognition,” and other features. Tap on “Offline speech recognition” to administer the Google Speech Services app. You can manage your languages by using the “Offline speech recognition” setting.
- After you’ve selected “Offline speech recognition,” you’ll be taken to the “Installed” menu.
- To begin, press “Auto-Update” to get the “Auto-Update” tab. You’ll now be presented with three options. This contains “Do not auto-update languages,” “Auto-update languages at any time,” and “Auto-update languages at any time.” “Data charges may apply” and “Wi-Fi only auto-update languages.” To remove the “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” warning, just off auto-updates. To do so, check the box next to “Do not auto-update languages.”
- The Google Speech Services app will no longer auto-update languages when you select “Do not auto-update languages.”
- You must restart your phone to make the modification take effect.
- You will no longer receive the “Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection” notification after restarting your phone.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Google Speech Services is one of the simplest ways to resolve the “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” error.
You can also attempt to clean the app’s cache/data.
To delete and restore Google Speech Services, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Look up “Google Speech Services.”
- “Google Speech Services” should be uninstalled.
- “Google Speech Services” should be reinstalled.
- The software will be updated to the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling Google Speech Services.
As a result, you will no longer receive the “Waiting For Network Connection” problem.
How to Fix “Speech Services by Google Update Waiting For Network Connection”?
Google has developed a text-to-speech solution for Android called Speech Services. It enables apps to read out the text on the phone’s display. There are a lot of apps on Android that take advantage of this capability.
Users have had a difficult time with this app recently. The problem with this app has been noted in a number of places. When using the Speech Services by Google app, users report seeing a Notification: Waiting for network connection, regardless of whether their phone is online or not.
In order to resolve the Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection error on Android, please read this article until the conclusion.
Why does the error occur?
To acquire the Downloading English (US) (or another language) update for Speech Services by Google on Android, there are a number of reasons. In order of likelihood, these are the most likely candidates:
- As a result of a server-side problem, this error is most commonly seen.
- It’s also possible that there’s a problem with the app itself.
- Since the Google Play Store and its associated services have been having problems,
- There was a problem with the latest app update.
Solution 1: Make Changes in the Settings
It is an invasive method of resolving this problem on Android phones. Making a few modifications to the settings will help you finish your work. Follow the following step-by-step instructions:
- To begin, launch the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap the Google icon.
- Waiting For Network Connection While Downloading English (US) Update
- Navigate to the Google Apps Settings page.
- Waiting for Network Connection Issue with Speech Services
- Then, from the options, choose Search, Assistant, and Voice.
- Select the Voice option.
- Speech Services is awaiting notification of a network connection.
- Select Offline speech recognition from the list of possibilities.
- Navigate to the Auto-Updates tab.
- Select the Do not auto-update languages option here.
- Alternatively, you may select the Auto-update languages at any time option > return to the Installed page > tap on English (US) > press the Update button. While doing so, ensure that the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Finally, turn off your phone.
- After doing so, your Android phone should no longer display the Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection notification.
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Data of Speech Services by Google
If the preceding method did not resolve the Speech Services Waiting for Network Connection error, there is one more alternative.
In this approach, you must erase the cache and data of the Google Speech Services app. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- Navigate to the phone’s Settings and select Apps.
- Select the Menu option (three vertical dots at the top-right corner).
- Select the Show all apps checkbox.
- Now, in the apps list, seek for and touch on Google Speech Services.
- Navigate to the Storage tab.
- Clear all data and Clear Cache buttons should be pressed.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
- Check to see if you are still experiencing this issue on your Android phone. If the issue remains, proceed to the next remedy.
Solution 3: Reinstall Speech Services by Google
If none of the above-mentioned options work for you and you are still having problems with Google’s Speech Services, If you’re waiting for a Network Connection message on Android, another quick cure is to delete and reinstall the Speech Services by Google app.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Speech Services by Google app to open it.
- Uninstall the program by clicking the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling the app, click the Install option to reinstall it.
- Restart your phone to see whether the notice has ceased showing on it.
Solution 4: Uninstall Updates from Speech Services by Google
Some users were able to resolve the Speech Services update stuck notification issue by deleting the app’s updates. It could be the final solution to this problem. At least, until Google fixes the issue by releasing a new patch. Here’s how you can go about it:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Apps > Speech Services > Update Stuck Notification.
- Select the Uninstall Updates option.
- Force is the fifth solution. Stop the application.
Solution 5: Force Stop the App
Finally, you can compel the Speech Services by Google app to stop running in the background. However, doing so will disable your phone’s text-to-speech capability, which is required by many apps. However, if you’re okay with the consequences, go ahead and try this method.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Google Speech Services.
- Press the Force Stop button.