Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After months of waiting, iOS 17 is now available to all compatible iPhone devices. It brings a plethora of improvements and new features, so it is indeed an exciting update for everyone. If you can’t wait longer to get it, here is a way you can manually and automatically get such an update.
- Go to the Settings app of your iPhone.
- Scroll down to see the General section and tap it.
- Tap Software Update.
- The page will show the current iOS version of your device and whether the iOS 17 update is already available.
- Tap Download.
- To turn on the automatic update option of your iPhone, do the same steps mentioned above.
- On the Software Update page, tap the Automatic Update and activate Download iOS Updates and Install iOS Updates.
- This will install the update overnight while charging, and you are connected to the Wi-Fi.
- On the page, you can also tap Update Now to get the update right away.
- Finish the required prompts to finalize the installation.
Before looking for the iOS 17 update, it is important to note that it has certain device compatibility requirements. To recall, Apple has dropped the iPhone 8 and iPhone X from the list of devices supporting iOS 17. To see the full list of compatible devices, click here.