Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you’ve been experiencing difficulty making calls on your cell phone, we have a few possible resolutions for you. First things first, try and get a hold of your carrier. If you can’t do that, try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try a few of the steps below.
What Are Dialed Carrier Calls?
Dialed carrier calls allow you to connect to the carrier’s network to make and receive calls instead of making calls using your mobile data or WiFi network.
Can You Still Text?
You should be able to text even though you cannot make dialed carrier calls. You can try traditional texting or use one of your messenger apps to get your message across. If you cannot send texts, you should contact your carrier or check for an outage in your area.
Restart Your Phone
If you’ve tried restarting your phone and cannot make dialed carrier calls, there may be an issue with your network connection.
To troubleshoot this issue:
- Ensure that the phone is not used in a location with poor cellular coverage. For example, try restarting the phone at home or in another well-connected area.
- Make sure that you have strong signal strength. It’s possible that there is interference causing problems with your signal strength. To check this, go into Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular Networks > Access Point Names (APNs). If any of them are blank or do not appear as they should, contact your carrier to find out what they should look like and how they should appear on your device.
Upgrade Your Sim
If you cannot make dialed carrier calls, it’s time to upgrade your SIM. Your carrier might be blocking you from making calls due to an old SIM. You could also have very low signal strength due to an outdated SIM.
Update Your Phone Software
If you’re unable to make carrier calls, there are a few steps you can take to update your phone’s software. First, make sure you have a good connection. Try calling your carrier and seeing if the call connects. If it does not, then try restarting your device. You may also have to try using other devices, such as a landline or another cell phone (possibly with the same carrier). If these steps do not work, you will need to update your phone software by entering settings and checking for any available upgrades. You can also try downloading the latest OS for your device from the manufacturer’s site.
Check for Outages
If you cannot make dialed carrier calls, your area may be experiencing an outage. You can check this by going to the phone company’s website and looking for the outage map. If there is one for your area, it will show you the expected restoration time. If there isn’t an outage, you can contact your service provider to see if there is an unexpected problem with one of the towers in your area.
Reset Network Settings
Keeping your network settings updated is a great way to ensure that any problems with your network are addressed quickly and effectively.
Toggle Airplane Mode off and On
When you cannot make dialed carrier calls, it’s time to turn airplane mode on and off. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings menu by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you find your connection settings (this may be different for different devices).
- Tap “Airplane Mode” until it changes to “on.”
- Wait for about ten seconds and toggle it “off” again.
If none of these steps work, you may have to get in touch with customer care for your carrier or use an alternative mode of communication.