Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did you know that just like your smartphones, you can also have wireless charging on your tablets? Shocked? Don’t be. Although it is not a very common feature to witness, you can find some good options for tablets with wireless charging capabilities.
But to do that, you do not need to hassle and surf the internet as we have done the work for you. All you need is to scroll down and read this guide till last. Let’s get started.
Can you charge your tablet wirelessly?
Yes, it is possible to charge your tablet wirelessly through inductive chargers, but you may not find this feature available in every tablet as there are only a few brands providing wireless charging capability tablets in the market.
Why are there only a few models available of tablets with wireless charging?
Even after the advancement of technologies and many gadgets launched, you still find it challenging to find a tablet with wireless charging. Because tablets will need a lot more battery and power than your smartphones, their technology infrastructure needs to be strong, and they are still in the early stage.
As of now, what is most straightforward is to upgrade your tablet with an adapter to charge it wirelessly. They come with a charging sleeve or case so that it will be easier for you to keep your tablet inside while travelling.
Your adapter will receive the power through the inductive charging pad and will transfer it to your tablet through the lightning connector or a micro-USB, but it can be expensive as you may need charging pods specially designed for the tablets.
Can we charge the tablet without a wall charger? If yes, how?
Yes, it is possible to charge the tablet without a wall charger, and for that, you will need to look at the options available below-
- Via power banks- Well, a power bank can be your saviour in many cases. If you do not have any access to a wall outlet at the moment, you can also charge your tablet through a power bank. However, please ensure that the power bank you use must be of 10,000 mAh capacity and not lower than this. For fast charging, go for 20,000 mAh, as your tablet will need a lot more power than your smartphone to charge.
- Try a car charger- Yes, although it is not possible to use a car charger always, if you’re lucky in your car and looking to charge your tablet, then all you need to do is to plug your charger into your car’s cigarette lighter socket and then connect your tablet to it through a USB connector.
- Go for a solar charger- Solar chargers aren’t very popular since they’re highly expensive, but they can come in handy if you’re looking to charge your tablet. But note that you will not find them as efficient and quick as charging from a traditional charger could be. But if you use a heavy-duty solar panel, they can be equally efficient. Since they solely rely on solar power, sunlight is all that you need.
- Use a laptop- Not many know this, but if you’re facing issues due to not carrying a charger for your tablet with you, but you have a laptop with know, then simply connect your tablet to your laptop through a USB cable, and you will be able to charge it. But make sure you’re keeping your laptop charged, as it will drain your laptop’s battery for sure.
- Wireless charging- Lastly, if you have a wireless charging mount with you, then getting a Qi adapter can fix the issue, as you will be able to charge your tablet through it without needing a cable.
How long is the battery life of a tablet?
The battery life of your tablet is solely subject to the model you have bought. If we talk about an estimate, you can expect your tablet to last 6 to 12 hours with a single charge. However, there are many other factors to consider, such as the age of your tablet, usage, apps running currently, and more.
List of tablets with wireless charging feature
Although we have mentioned that you may not find much of options for a tablet with a wireless charging feature, we got the best two options that you can go for. Both of these tablets are compatible with wireless charging features. But what else? Let us know the other features of it.
1. Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet
One of the best choices to have in buying a tablet with wireless charging is hands down, this Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet model. It comes with a vivid 10.1 1080p full HD display, a powerful octa-core processor, 3 GB RAM, and a sleek display.
Along with wireless charging, you can expect the tablet to have long-lasting hours of around 12 hours. It comes in two storage options, 32 and 64 and is extendable up to 1 TB. Features such as a split screen, Bluetooth keyboard, etc., are the significant upside of this tab.
- Long-lasting battery life
- Unlimited access to apps
- Spit screen feature
- Kids protection case
- Not water resistant
2. Amazon fire HD 8 Plus
Another great option to go with is this Amazon fire HD 8 Plus. It is an 8-inch HD display tablet with 32/64 GB internal storage, extendable u to 1 TB with a microSD card. It also is very sleek and stylish in looks and can be a long-lasting tablet as it comes up with a battery backup of up to 12 hours.
Irrespective of what activity you’re performing, you can expect 12 hours of life on a single charge. With 3GB RAM and features such as unlimited applications directly downloaded via Amazon’s app store, easy charging with USB-C, and hands-free with Alexa, this tab is for sure a great option for someone looking to buy a tablet on a budget. You can expect it to be fully charged in under 4 hours.
- hands-free with Alexa
- Various colours available
- No advance features
- No LTE
Although all these tablets come up with wireless charging capabilities, if you already own a tablet that does not have a wireless charging feature, you can easily integrate it by using a Qi-compatible charger. However, you must ensure that the tablet’s operating system is compatible with the charger or not.
How to extend your tablet’s battery life?
No matter how charged your tablet is, you may need some extra additional time with it, and for that, the following are the tips that you must follow-
- Keep your screen’s brightness dim- If you wish to save your tablet’s battery, then please reduce your screen brightness and keep it low. By doing that, you will be able to save an extra 40% of the battery, and that surely is incredible.
- Don’t run unnecessary apps- If you’re not using an app, what’s the sense of keeping it on? Believe it or not, apps in the background churn up a lot of your battery, and if you close such, it will be beneficial for you.
- Turn off notifications- Although we do not recommend our readers follow this tip all the time, if you’re facing a hard time saving some battery, then turning off the notifications can work. Especially if you turn off the notification for those fashion news apps, it will be helpful.
- Turn off GPS- It is quite evident that location services take a lot of battery and drain your tablet faster. If you’re not using any application that requires GPS, turn off your location services from settings.
- Turn off automatic synchronization- You’re surely not using all the applications of your tablet. So if your turn off the synchronization of the apps, you will be able to extend your battery life for a few more hours.
- Keep the Bluetooth off- There’s no sense in using the Bluetooth feature unless you’re actually using it. Keep it off and save some battery. The same goes for your Wi-Fi connection too. It helps.
- Use the energy mode- Similar to smartphones, tablets also come with energy mode, which can save a lot of battery of your tablet easily. For this, you just need to enable the energy mode, and it will restrict the background apps, reduce the screen brightness to moderate, and restrict unused apps from using your Wi-Fi or cellular network. By doing this, your tablet’s battery life will be extended for a few more hours. You can check the extended time shown on your tablet itself.
What to look for before buying a tablet with wireless charging= buyers guide
There are many factors that can be a deciding point for you to buy a tablet with a wireless charging feature. What are they? Before buying a tablet in a rush, we recommend you go through the factors that we are sharing below and keep them in mind while buying a wireless tablet for you.
- Size– Before you buy a tablet, you need to see the size that works best for you. There are many variations available when it comes to the size of a tablet. Some people may prefer buying it to keep it handy, while some want the bigger screen as a replacement for their laptops. So make sure what size fits your bill first.
- RAM and storage– RAM stands for random access memory and decides how fast and how multi-tasking can your tablet will be. The more the RAM, the better tasking your tablet will perform. However, how much RAM do you require also depends on your purpose for having the tablet? Also, you must decide the storage as well that can work for your basic or regular work. Although you can use the MicroSD card and extend the storage, having enough internal storage is vital.
- Budget– Budget can be the main barrier for you from buying the tablet you want. If you’re going for a wireless charging tablet, please know that you must be ready to spend more than usual with the same features that you may have in a tablet that does not offer wireless charging.
- OS– As of now, you can find more options for OS in a tablet as compared to a smartphone. Options such as Android, Microsoft Windows, Amazon Fire OS, and iOS are available as an option for buying a tablet, and the selection of the OS is based on your choice and purpose.
- Connectivity– Do you wish to make calls with your tablet, or just streaming content and surfing is enough? If you want to make calls, you need to buy a tablet with a cellular network, while for basic usage, going for a tablet with a Wi-Fi feature will be enough.
- Use case– Use case matters a lot. No matter how much money you spend, if you don’t know the use case of the tablet, it will be a waste. First, make sure what you’re looking to form the tab and what all do you want to do. Be it gaming, regular tasking, coding or anything; you need to be sure of it and then look for the options given.
So it was all about tablets with wireless charging and what you can do with them. Even though there are not many options available when it comes to wireless charging features, we have managed to find the best one for you. You can see and check whether the features impress you or not. Other than that, we hope that all your queries are solved. But if not, commenting will solve it all. Till then, happy reading.