Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this article, we have defined DiagMonAgent, have answered frequently asked questions, and we have also explained how to fix DiagMonAgent stopping issue.
DiagMonAgent (Diagnostic Monitor Agent) is an Android system application found on Samsung devices. Its job is diagnosing malfunctioning programs and sending reports to developers.
Some people think the app is some bloatware, or their phone is hacked, but it’s completely false, as mentioned above. Below we have explained some more information you may need to know, including fixing the stopping issue.
What Permissions Does DiagMonAgent Use?
DiagMonAgent only uses Telephone permission, and you can not deny it even if you want because it’s necessary permission for the app to operate.
Is DiagMonAgent Important?
Yes, DiagMonAgent does a lot more than just diagnosing programs. It also lets you manually test your device’s touch screen, speaker, cameras, vibration, sensors like Proximity, Lights, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Magnetic, etc.
To open the program for testing your phone, dial *#0*# using the phone dialer app.
Issues caused by DiagMonAgent
1) Sending Report Notification After Turning on Wi-Fi
After turning on the Wi-Fi, the notification bar shows “sending report,” which is requested by the DiagMonAgent app, and the notification can be seen on Android 5 and some above versions. There is no exact information about what report it sends, but we believe it has something to do with other system programs.
It can be annoying for some people to see the notification, but it is a part of how the DiagMonAgent works. If you see it once after turning on the Wi-Fi, it shouldn’t be a problem, but if you are constantly seeing it, then something must be wrong.
2) DiagMonAgent Has Stopped Message
DiagMonAgent has stopped message is a well-known issue on Samsung devices like Galaxy S6. Sometimes the message starts appearing when the users are trying to do important tasks, which can be pretty annoying. If you are facing this issue, in the next section, we have explained some methods that you can use to fix the issue.
How to Fix DiagMonAgent Has Stopped Message?
There are multiple methods for fixing this issue but before you start following the steps mentioned in one of the methods, unroot your device if it’s rooted and check for firmware updates.
First, we recommend Force stopping the app and other easy solutions to avoid uninstalling the app; if nothing works, you may have to remove the app permanently.
Is It Safe to Remove DiagMonAgent?
Yes, but we don’t recommend disabling or permanently removing the app until it’s the last option. If none of the methods work, you can avoid deleting the app and flash the stock firmware. Flashing the stock firmware will 100 percent fix the issue, and you can do it yourself using a firmware flashing tool like Samsung Odin.
Read: How to flash stock firmware
Method 1) Force Stop and Clear Cache & Data
Although the probability of fixing the issue with this method is low in comparison to other methods, it only takes a few minutes to clear cache & data and then Force stop the app.
- Go to device Settings.
- Find and tap on Apps.
- Tap on the Ellipsis icon (three dots on the top right corner).
- Tap on Show system apps.
- Tap on DiagMonAgent.
- Finally, Tap on Clear data; this will delete data and clear cache.
Method 2) Factory Reset Your Device
Note: Factory resetting your device will wipe your device’s data, including downloaded apps. Before you factory reset, we recommend you backup your device and try the “Reset settings,” option first; it only resets all settings to their defaults without erasing your data.
The “Rest settings” option should be on top of the menu where the factory reset option is available.
- Go to device Settings.
- Tap on General management.
- Tap on the “Reset” option.
- Tap on “Factory data reset,” and the device will open a window with the list of all the data that will be erased.
- Scroll down, tap on the “Reset button,” and confirm screen lock if you have any.
Once the process is done, your device will restart, and hopefully, you will not see the “DiagMonAgent has stopped” message again.
Method 3) Uninstall the DiagMonAgent
If method 1 and 2 does not work, you can uninstall the DiagMonAgent app using a system app remover or Android Debug Bridge (ADB).
How to Uninstall the DiagMonAgent App?
1) Use Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a tool you can use to run commands on your device. It may seem difficult to use ADB if you are non-tech-savvy, but it’s not if you carefully follow all the steps mentioned below.
Keep in mind you need a computer to run ADB, so if you want to remove the DiagMonAgent app without using any computer, you can check out the second method.
- Go to Device Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap the build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the previous menu and open Developer Options.
- Turn on USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your computer.
- Please create a new folder and extract the ZIP file into it.
- Once extraction is done, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a cable.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.sec.android.diagmonagentto remove the app.
2) Use System App Remover (Root Needed)
- Download and install the system app remover.
- Launch the app, search for DiagMonAgent.
- Now checkmark the box next to the app.
- Finally, tap on the uninstall button.
Note: This method requires root access of your Android; if your device is not rooted, you can root it using the Kingoroot Android or desktop app.
- What Is com.osp.app.signin?
- What is com.wssyncmldm?
- What Is KLMS Agent?
- What is com.android.incallui?
- What is Samsung Accessory Service?
- No Supported App for This NFC Tag
- What Does VoLTE Icon Mean on Samsung?
- What Is com.sec.epdg?
- What is BBCAgent App On Samsung Devices?
- What Is RILNotifier?
- What is DiagTrack?
- What Is Sim Toolkit?