Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A lot of people who want to find out what BBCAgent does and why is it installed on their phone usually rely on online forum sites since there is no other reliable source that explains everything. But we have covered almost everything you need to know about BBCAgent, and we have also answered if you can uninstall/disable the app or not.
BBCAgent is a component of Knox, Samsung’s security framework, which is preinstalled on most Samsung devices. Knox is mainly designed for organizations that want to keep their work devices like kiosks, tablets, and employee mobile phones secure. Apart from BBCAgent’s connection with Knox, there is no extra information about the responsibility of BBCAgent.
Read: What Is KLMS Agent?
What is com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent?
com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent is the Android package of the BBCAgent app. All Android system/third-party apps have a package that contains important files, and it always has a unique name for identification purposes.
Is BBC Agent Safe?
Some people think BBC agent is some kind of spy app used for monitoring their device, but it’s not true. BBC Agent is developed by Samsung Electronics, it is perfectly safe, and you should not worry about anything.
Can You Remove BBC Agent?
If the app is not causing any issue, it’s better to leave it alone. However, some people have complained about BBC Agent using too much battery; we are not sure why it would happen; we never found this app using too much battery. If you do not use the Knox framework, uninstalling/freezing the BBC Agent app will not impact other functions, but if you use Knox, it may start malfunctioning; thus, we recommend you don’t.
How to Uninstall/Disable BBC Agent?
To uninstall the BBC Agent, you can use Android Debug Bridge (ADB), a command-line tool that lets you communicate with your device or use a third-party app like System App Remover (root required).
If you want to disable the app instead of uninstalling it, there are third-party apps available to do that.
Method 1) Use Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
- Open Device Settings.
- Go to System > About phone > Software Information.
- Keep tapping the Build number until it activates Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and Tap on Developer Options.
- Turn on USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your computer.
- Extract the ZIP file into it a folder of your choice.
- Now open the folder where you extracted the ZIP file.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter adb devices command.
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Run the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent to remove the app.
You can also use “disable” instead of “uninstall” in the ADB command.
Method 2) Use a Third-Party App
- Download and install the System App Remover.
- Launch the app, search for BBC Agent app and select it.
- Finally, tap on the uninstall button.
Features of Knox Android
Data Storage Protection
Knox encrypts and keeps data like passwords, confidential files, credit card transactions safe.
Limited Web and Apps Acess
Knox lets the admin allow or block apps that can be installed, auto-update, apps that can access USB port, apps that can use the clipboard, and more.
Apart from app blocking, the admin can also block all websites and allow only specific ones.
Specialized User Experience
Knox lets the users extend screen timeout, hide notifications, prevent sleep mode when the device is plugged in, and more.
- Allows the admin to install apps silently.
- Blocks app downloads from unknown sources.
- It prevents users from using screen capture apps.
- It prevents users from using camera and microphone.
- Lets the admin force stop any app, including background processes and system apps.
- Allows disabling software update, device power off, factory reset, safe mode, etc.
- Knox can also prevent app uninstallation without the admin’s permission.
- What Does VoLTE Icon Mean on Samsung?
- What Is DiagMonAgent?
- What Is com.osp.app.signin?
- What is com.sec.android.daemonapp?
- What is com.android.incallui?
- What is Samsung Accessory Service?
- What is ConfigAPK App?
- How to Export/Import Samsung Memos?
- What Do the Terms BL, AP, CP, and CSC Mean in Odin?
- What is com.pivotmobile.android.metrics ?