Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The error signifies that the email address you used for creating your Facebook account and signing into it has been disabled. Now, the question is, how was your email account disabled? Since there is no straightforward way to disable your email account on your own accord, this could mean only one thing: Google disabled your email account (more on that later).
When you see this error when attempting to log into your Facebook account, it simply means that you will be unable to log into your Facebook account using the disabled email address. So, how do you fix the error? Let us look at that in detail in the article below:
How to fix the error “Facebook: the account that owns the email address you entered has been disabled”?
There are two ways you can try to fix the error “Facebook: the account that owns the email address you entered has been disabled”. Both ways include trying to recover your disabled email account. You can do that using the following two methods enlisted below:
1. Trying to Restore Your Account
- Navigate to the Gmail website and select Sign In. Begin by visiting the Gmail website at https://www.google.com/gmail/. Look for the Sign In button in the top right corner of the browser and click it.
- Enter the disabled account’s login information. Enter the deactivated account’s email address and password, then click Next.
- Click the Try to Restore button. You will then get a notification stating that your account has been disabled. Click this button to see if you can fix the problem.
- Follow the directions. Google may provide you with various steps based on the reason your account was deactivated. However, you are normally requested to give an alternate email address when requesting that your account be restored. Google will send you an update to that email address, and you should receive a response within two business days.
2. Filling out the form
- Sign in to your Gmail account. If the previous approach did not work for you, there is another option you can try to recover your account. Begin by attempting to access your email account.
- Learn more by clicking here. You’ll see a notification that says, “It appears that this account was used in a way that violated Google’s standards.” Following that is a blue “Learn more” link that you must click on.
- Examine Google’s policies. You will be directed to a list of frequent reasons for account deactivation. Take the time to go over these policies and ensure you are not in violation of any of them. If you are, recovering your Gmail account may be more difficult.
- Scroll up to the section under “Ask us to restore your account.” This section contains instructions that were already covered in the first approach. However, this section has a link to another method of restoring your account.
- Fill out this form by clicking the button. The line “If you have difficulties with these steps, fill out this form” appears at the bottom of this section. The final half of that text will include a link to this form: https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2.
- Fill in the blanks. The form is rather brief, but each step is critical. The first section is a yes/no question that asks if your email address ends in @gmail.com or @googlemail.com. Respond appropriately, and then enter a backup email address in the following text box. This is so Google can keep you up to date on the status of your disabled account. Fill in the last text box with any more pertinent information. Use this text box to explain why Google was incorrect in suspending your account.
- Click the Submit button. Once you’ve completed the form and are satisfied with your responses, click Submit. Your Gmail account should be restored within a day or two if you haven’t violated Google’s regulations.
One you have successfully recovered your disabled email account, you can use the email address associated with the account to log into Facebook. Once you’re logged in, you would not see the error “Facebook: the account that owns the email address you entered has been disabled” anymore.
How to create a new email account to set up Facebook?
If you are unable to restore your disabled email account, you will have no other way but to create a new email account followed by creating a new Facebook account.
- Navigate to the Google Account sign in page.
- Select the Create Account option.
- Fill in your name here.
- In the “Username” column, type your username.
- Enter and confirm your password.
- The first letter of your password is not case sensitive when entered on a mobile device.
- Then, press the button.
- If you choose, you can add and verify a phone number to your account.
- Then, press the button.
How to create a new Facebook account?
- On Facebook’s website, click the Create a new account link.
- Fill in your name, email address or cell phone number, password, date of birth, and gender information on the form.
- To sign up, go to the Sign Up page and click the Sign Up button.
- You must authenticate your email address or cell phone number in order to complete the account creation procedure.
- Does Facebook Messenger show active when you’re not?
- How To Hide Facebook Groups From Your Timeline?
- How to change Facebook marketplace settings to local only?
- [SOLVED] Facebook messenger ‘Active Now’ but no green dot
- How to get Facebook app back on home screen?
- Why Can’t I See Who Liked My Posts on Facebook?