Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wireless service provider MetroPCS is an American company that provides prepaid wireless service. T-Mobile US owns it, and users in metro areas can use it to connect to the company’s nationwide 5G network. T-Mobile renamed the service Metro. Using this service, you can get reliable and economical services on a large network.
For a single line, unlimited network plans start at $50 per month. The cost of adding new lines to your account will decrease. Activation is necessary the first time, regardless of the network or Sim Card used. To use the service for the first time, you must activate your MetroPCS phone. This can be done for free.
How to Change My MetroPCS Number?
You may change your phone number fast and easily with Metro PCS. There are no fees or charges for any of these methods. There is no price for these services.
In order to make adjustments, you can go to a merchant, use MetroPCS’ automated service, or call MetroPCS directly. Metro PCS will also move your number from a different wireless service provider at no cost to you. ‘
Change your phone number in a jiffy thanks to these simple techniques. Metro PCS, on the other hand, does not allow users to alter their phone number online at this time. Customer service, automated service, or a retail store can still be used to change a phone number.
If you have a phone service, automation, or a retail presence, you may easily modify or transfer your number in a matter of minutes.
It is simple for Metro PCS subscribers to change their phone number. In fact, Metro PCS customers can choose from a variety of ways to change their phone number fast and conveniently. Changing or restoring a phone number is as easy as following a few basic steps.
Call Metro PCS Customer Service
Customers of Metro PCS can request a change of phone number by calling the company’s customer care department. Selecting “0” will connect you to a customer service agent as soon as you place the call. The customer support agent will change your phone number for free after connecting with you and receiving your identifying account number and any other relevant information.
Visit a Metro PCS Store
You can also visit a Metro PCS store to quickly change your Metro PCS phone number. Changing your account settings through Metro PCS will be as simple and quick as doing so through customer service, and you won’t even have to leave the store. The representative will simply ask you for your current phone number and account number, and he or she will make the necessary changes to give you a new number. Again, there is no price for using this service.
Use the Automated Service
Changing your phone number with Metro PCS is as simple as calling the company’s automated service. Simply dial Metro’s PC contact number and follow the automated instructions that will be provided to your phone. The automated menu will give you the option to alter your phone number. To change your phone number, select this option and follow the automated instructions.
Bring Another Number from a DIfferent Carrier to Metro PCS
If you’re moving to another provider, you can also change your phone number for free. To put it another way, if you’re currently with another carrier and want to switch to Metro PCS, you may. Metro PC makes it simple to switch service providers while letting you keep your existing phone number.
How to Activate MetroPCS Phone for Free on Phone
MetroPCS activation is required in two different scenarios.
- A new SIM card is required when you purchase a new phone and don’t already have an account.
- After purchasing a new smartphone, you can still use your existing account and SIM card.
Create New Account & Activate MetroPCS for Free
MetroPCS accounts can be activated in one of four ways. Your phone and a new SIM card would be required, however. The MetroPCS phone can be activated through the MetroPCS website, another phone, or a computer. To get your new account up and running, you can use any of the methods listed below.
Call 1-888-8Metro8 (188-863-8768)
- Get in touch with the Metro 8 hotline from a different phone by dialing 1-888-8Metro8 (886-38768). You can’t do it from the phone you’re trying to set up.
- Your name and address will be collected by a representative who will be there.
- If you wish to activate your phone, you’ll need to give them the ESN or MEID number. (As a reminder, the ESN or MEID may be found under the phone’s battery.)
- Reactivation and programming instructions will be provided to you by the customer service representative now. To complete the process, strictly adhere to the directions provided.
- Dial 228 from the phone you’re using to activate.
- As soon as the system asks for your name and address, you must enter an 8-digit code you choose yourself.
- As a result, your phone is now set up to create a new account when you first use it.
- After you pay your first bill, the account is activated.
Activate Metro Phone using MetroPCS website
- Use any web browser on a PC or smartphone to access the MetroPCS website. Over there, you can get a sense of how to activate.
- Open a new window by clicking Activate Your Phone.
- Make sure to include the account holder’s contact information and security details.
- To activate your phone, you must follow the on-screen instructions and enter your phone’s serial or model number.
Visit the Service Center
Finally, you can visit a service location and activate MetroPCS for free. You should go to the closest store or service facility for assistance. An employee can help you with the activation.
When You Already Have An Account Activated
What if we already have an account that has been activated? To activate the phone, all we have to do is swap out the SIM card. To activate, there are no extra actions or procedures that you need to follow. You can be sure that your service provider will be able to keep tabs on your device and add any new information.
- It’s time to get rid of that outdated cell phone SIM card.
- Go to the new device’s SIM tray and pull it out.
- To activate, insert the MetroPCS SIM card.
- Your phone must first establish a connection to the Internet.
- As a result, you can activate your MetroPCS phone for free in a variety of ways.
How to Activate a Metro PCS Phone
Activation of a Metro PCS phone is required before you may use it to make any calls. There are only a few steps to this procedure.
- Remove the Metro PCS phone from the packaging. Make sure your phone has enough of juice left in the battery, as you’ll need it to make the activation call and then restart the phone to finish the procedure.
- You can reach this number by dialing “*228” from your phone. You will be contacted by a representative if you follow the instructions for account activation.
- In order to locate or create your account, provide the representative with the essential information from your phone (SIM card number, phone model number, etc.). Your personal and billing information may also be requested by the company you work with.
- When activation is complete, inquire as to if there is an unique restart method you must follow. Depending on the phone model, this step may differ.
How to Manually Activate a MetroPCS Phone After a Month of Use
To meet the needs of all customers, MetroPCS offers a wide range of phones, including smartphones and phones with touchscreens, music players, and texting features. A MetroPCS phone that has previously been activated is referred to as “reactivating,” as opposed to one that has been activated for the first time.
No matter how old your phone is or how long you’ve had it, you can easily add it to an existing account, start a new one, or modify your current account’s phone number.
- Do not use the phone you intend to activate when dialing 1-888-8-Metro-8. Make sure the agent has your name, address, and phone’s ESN or MEID number under the battery. Reactivating and configuring your phone will be explained to you by an agent.
- From the phone you’re activating, dial “*228.” When prompted by the system, enter an eight-digit code of your choice, along with your name and address. You will be given a phone that is pre-programmed with your information and for which an account will be created. Any smartphone, such as a BlackBerry, will be ineligible for this method of reactivation.
- To begin using your new phone, go to MetroPCS’s website and follow the on-screen instructions (see Resources). “Activate” should be clicked. Set up your online account by supplying your personal information and phone details, as well as your security information (such as the serial number and model number). To locate this phone number, follow the on-screen instructions in the first setup.
- How to change AT&T phone number?
- How to email AT&T customer service
- [FIXED] AT&T Data Not Working
- Is There Any Activation Fee for AT&T? Everything You Need to Know
- What does care code: 205.2 [lu003] mean? How to get rid of it?
- [Fixed] AT&T Thanks App Not Working
- How to Separate Yahoo Mail From AT&T Account?
- What Is AT&T Internet 18?
- How to Get AT&T Number Transfer Pin?
- How to Report Phone & Internet Outage AT&T?
- Is AT&T Compatible With Straight Talk?
- How to Check if Your Device Is Compatible With AT&T’s Prepaid Network?