Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You may have formed a joint account of Yahoo and AT&T when the two companies signed up for a partnership. Therefore, all your emails must come into a merged account with a shared password.
However, in November 2017, AT&T informed its customers that their accounts would be separated. Therefore, the subscribers will not be able to access AT&T services using Yahoo IDs post mid-November.
In this article, you can find ways to see if you have a separate account. If not, read on to know how you can segregate both accounts.
What Happened To Yahoo AT&T Mail?
AT&T and Yahoo announced in June 2017 that they were ending their long-term partnership and shutting down their joint email service.
Both AT&T and Yahoo will be unable to use the other company’s servers as a result of the split.
In other words, the merged accounts can be undone at any time, and the passwords will not be changed as a result.
The following domains will prevent you from accessing your Yahoo account:
You’ll be unable to use a Tumblr account if you use an email address from one of these domains.
According to Yahoo, you’ll need to switch to an email client compatible with their system once the new version is released.
What Happened After The Unmerging Of AT&T and Yahoo?
After November 2017, all myAT&T users could use their service only by using their AT&T email address. The Yahoo email that worked earlier was no longer sufficient to log into the myAT&T account.
So, to log into the AT&T account via att.net, a specific AT&T email id must be used. But for sometime after, subscribers of Yahoo. co could access their joined account using Yahoo mail id.
By mid-December, Yahoo Mail and AT&T users had to log into two separate accounts as they were no longer merged. And as a result of this transformation, the following things happened:
- The login password remained the same as previously used.
- The AT&T account lost all yahoo related information, such as calendars, alarm settings, inbox messages, contacts, etc. Apart from these, services such as Yahoo groups, Tumblr, and Yahoo sports also vanished. All these services and information remained intact in the Yahoo mail account only.
- Now the Yahoo Member Center could be used to change the Yahoo Mail password.
How can you disassociate your Yahoo Mail From your AT&T Account?
Follow the procedure below to separate your AT&T and Yahoo email accounts now that you’re aware of the effects of the disassociating and merging processes.
- Go to AT&T’s official website in your computer’s web browser that supports the website. Once you’ve arrived at the site’s homepage, you’ll need to log in.
- You need to log your AT&T log in details on the sign in page.
- After logging in, select the My AT&T option present in the navigation bar on the top and select the Profile link.
- Choose the Account Profile Link.
- From here, choose the User Information option and select the Delete Account link. You can see this option right next to Member ID.
- Wait for sometime for the display of the notification saying Delete email. Select OK to confirm.
- Finally, use the password and ID involved during step one and log into the Yahoo account using the same.
- The last step requires you to choose the Unmerge option located in the bottom right side of Yahoo! Page. This will allow you to open your Yahoo account individually.
How To Know If You Have A Merged AT&T and Yahoo Mail?
- To begin, make certain that your accounts are linked together. Check to see if the following is true of you:
- You can access both Yahoo and AT&T email accounts by the same password.
- When you try to reset your Yahoo password, you get transferred to the myAT&T page.
- You update both your account passwords whenever you reset either of them.
- Both your Yahoo and AT&T email accounts are accessible using both these addresses.
- Any of the AT&T or Yahoo mail addresses can be utilized to open myAT&T.
- Your AT&T as well as Yahoo mail inboxes receive mails together.
Will Your Data Be Deleted After Separating Yahoo Mail From Your AT&T Account?
Most of your data will be saved when the contract between Yahoo and AT&T expired, and the merged e-mail accounts will be unmerged.
While some content from your merged accounts will be kept, other content will be lost as a result of the split
Fortunately, AT&T has published a list of what’s in and what’s out of the new service.
Using your YahooID to sign in will allow you to access all of the emails, folders, and contacts from both of your merged accounts.
After the split, all of your Yahoo accounts combined with AT&T would have been independent of each other.
Your e-mails, contacts, and other data will also be preserved if you link any of these Yahoo accounts to subaccounts.
All AT&T-related emails, however, will be permanently erased.
Yahoo services like Yahoo Sports, Groups, and Tumblr’s e-mails, contacts, calendar, and information.
It would be transferred to your new Yahoo account and your AT&T account reactivated with a new number.
How To Create An AT&T Email Account?
You must first create an AT&T personal account in order to use their services. You can create an att.net account using the login information you generate throughout the account creation process. An AT&T email account can be created in a matter of minutes. In a few minutes, you may set up an account by following the steps outlined below:
- Use the AT&T internet account login information you received when you set up your account to log in to att.com.
- Choose the “internet” option in the “MyAT&T” tab.
- Keep scrolling until you reach the section for email accounts. Your email address was created when you signed up for a personal account. You should use that as your main email address. Select “Create/Manage Sub-Account” if you wish to create other addresses.
- Add a sub-account by clicking “Add a Sub-Account”
- To accept AT&T’s terms and conditions, click “Accept.”
- Enter the new email address in the “Member ID” box.
- Enter a new password in order to secure the email address.
- To double-check your password, go to the “Confirm password” section and type it in one again. You can go to the next step if the two passwords you entered match. Rewrite the second password till it is identical to the first one if this does not help, and then try again.
- Enter your name, address, and other personal information into the appropriate fields.
- Answer a security question after choosing it.
- Choose two relevant questions from the list as your security questions.
- When you’re finished, click “Save.”
You will be able to access the email service once your account has been successfully created. You’re already halfway through the AT&T email service with the login information you set up when you opened your account. In order to use the email service, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.att.net for further information.
- Feed in the information related to your AT&T account.
- Choosing “Sign in” is all that is required.
Signing up for this service is as simple as clicking a button.
How To Reset Your AT&T Password?
There is a chance that you may have forgotten your password. In order to log in to your AT&T account, you had to create an account. AT & T will no longer be accessible if you lose this password. If you forget your password, don’t freak out. You can get it back or create a new one. Here are the actions you need to take:
- Visit myAT&T.
- Select “Forgot Password.”
- Enter your username and last name to retrieve your password. Enter the code in the designated field.
- Then click “Continue” to continue.
- You’ll get an email with a password reset link; click the link to access the page to reset your password.
- Set a brand new one now.
- Re-enter the new password if you’re sure you’ve got it right.
- Then click “Create” to start the creation process.
- You can regain your User ID if you have forgotten it but still remember your password. To get your ID restored or create a new one, follow the same procedure as password recovery. The only difference is that instead of “Forgot Password,” pick “Forgot ID.”
The method of configuring your AT&T IMAP mail setting on Google account
Instead of Att.net webmail, other mail programs can be chosen to receive and send emails. These are Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mailspring, and Apple Mail.
Email programs available for desktops can help you streamline your email workflow. When you’re not connected to the internet, your email is still accessible on your computer.
Enter your Gmail password and press Next. Click on Next after entering your login, password, and incoming server ([email protected]&T.net).
Your AT&T email will be accessible after allowing Gmail to verify your information and a few options.
How to Configure Your AT&T IMAP Email Settings on Outlook?
In the display name block, type your full AT&T email address. Following that, you must complete the server information. Choose IMAP as the account type, and enter imap.mail.AT&T.net as the Incoming Mail Server and imap.mail.AT&T.net as the Outgoing Mail Server.
When you provide your login details, as your username, enter your email address, and your secure mail key as your password.
Click More Settings and provide the Outgoing Server Information as follows:
Check the box Authentication is required for my outgoing server (SMTP). Check the box that says Use the same settings as my incoming mail server. Please provide the following additional information:
Enter 993 for Incoming Server and select SSL.
Enter 465 as the Outgoing Server and select SSL.
Select OK. After that, Microsoft Outlook will validate your account information. Once your provided information has been confirmed as correct, click Finish.
- Does AT&T Support Gizmo Watch?
- Is Gizmo Watch Waterproof? Can You Swim With It?
- Does AT&T provide service in Puerto Rico?
- 7 Best AT&T-Compatible Modems and Routers
- How To Suspend My AT&T Service
- How to Change My MetroPCSNumber?
- [FIXED] ”Connection to server inbound.att.net was reset”
- [FIXED] AT&T Data Not Working
- What Is My Mailbox Number for Verizon and AT&T?
- How to Fix AT&T Care Code: 201 [LU100]?
- [Fixed] AT&T WiFi Connected but No Internet Access
- [Fixed] Samsung Email App Keeps Crashing