Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After numerous major system updates, Apple finally allows iOS users to set multiple timers. The capability is now built-in in the updated Clock app of iOS 17, removing the need to rely on third-party apps just to access the simple option.
To use multiple timers, you must first set up a primary timer. To do this, do the following steps:
- Launch the Clock app on your iPhone and go to the Timers tab.
- Set the duration time of the timer. You’ll be given the controls for the specific hours, minutes, and seconds you want to set.
- Set up the other optional settings of the timer, such as the Label and When Timer Ends. The former lets you name the timer or its purpose (e.g., Oven Timer), while the latter gives you the tone options you’ll hear when the time runs out. You can also use the timer to stop the playback when you want to fall asleep while playing audio or video. Just select Stop Playing in the When Timer Ends setting option.
- Tap the Start button, and the timer will start running.
- You can also command Siri to set the timer or stop it. (e.g., say, “Set the timer for 3 minutes” or “Stop the timer.”)
Custom timers like the one you’ve just set will be included in the Recents section of Timers, so you’ll have easy access to them next time. When you start them, they will continue even when you are using another app or while the iPhone is asleep.
After setting the primary timer, you can set another timer. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the Clock app and go to the Timer’s tab.
- If no timer is running, initiate one by following the steps mentioned above to create a custom timer, or you can simply use any of the timers in your Recents section.
- Once there’s a timer running, you should see the + sign. Tap it to start another timer.
- You’ll have the option to customize the timer (just like the process mentioned above), use a preset timer, or opt for a recent timer you’ve set before. For the Presets option, you can choose from the available options: 1, 5, 10, or 15 minutes. Swipe to the left to see more options.
- When you select a recent or preset timer, the timer will start immediately. To edit the label and sound of that timer, tap that particular timer and set the settings you prefer.