Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
CarmodeStub is an Android app that is related to Mirrorlink. In this article, we have covered frequently asked questions like what does CarmodeStub do, and we have also answered questions like if you can remove it or not.
What is MirrorLink?
MirrorLink is like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto; it allows you to connect MirrorLink enabled phones with MirrorLink enabled vehicles and lets you use maps, phone apps, and play music while driving.
CarmodeStub Meaning and What Does It Do?
CarmodeStub is an Android stub app developed by Samsung. Stub applications are small applications that are used by other main applications to access information. CarmodeStub works as a component of MirrorLink to disable phone calls and messages while you are driving.
Is CarmodeStub Safe?
When people find CarmodeStub in the list of system apps, they start assuming things because they are not familiar with this app since it functions in the background and does not appear in the app drawer because that would be useless. But we can assure you that it’s not bloatware or your phone has not been hacked.
Where to Download CarmodeStub?
CarmodeStub can be downloaded from apkmirror.com using this link.
Can You Remove CarmodeStub?
CarmodeStub is a system app, it should not be disabled/uninstalled, but if you don’t want to use the Car mode feature while using MirrorLink, you can disable/uninstall CarmodeStub. Keep in mind Android system apps don’t have an option to disable/uninstall, but still, there are some ways to do it.
Method 1) Using ADB
ADB (Android debug bridge) is a command-line tool that is usually used by developers for communicating with an Android device. Even if you are a non-tech-savvy person, by following the steps mentioned below, you can easily disable or uninstall the CarmodeStub.
Note: This is our preferred method for disabling or uninstalling system apps because it does not require root access.
- Open Device Settings.
- Go to System > About phone > Software Information.
- Keep tapping the Build number until it activates Developer Options.
- Now look for Developer Options in the main Settings menu and tap on it.
- Find and enable USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your computer using this link.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder of your choice.
- After extracting, open the folder that has the ZIP file.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Connect your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Run the command
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.drivelink.stubto remove the app.
If you want to disable the app instead of uninstalling it, you can replace “uninstall” with “disable” in the final command.
Method 2) Using a Third-Party App
There are various third-party apps that can be used to disable or uninstall system apps. Keep in mind these apps require root access of your device. Rooting a device will void the device warranty, so make sure you only do it when you are sure about it.
- Download and install the System App Remover.
- Launch the app, find CarmodeStub and select it.
- Finally, tap the uninstall button.