Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It is not uncommon for a user to experience signal loss after purchasing a new SIM card and subsequently inserting it into their smartphone. If this is the case, then you will need to make sure that you follow the instructions carefully so that your SIM card can be activated. Read this full and detailed guide in order to activate the service for your Verizon SIM card, and you will easily get the problem solved.
Method 1: Activate your Verizon SIM card over the internet
- Connect your device to a wireless network or hotspot first.
- Go to Verizon’s website to activate the card.
- To log in, enter your User ID or phone number. (If you haven’t already, register by entering your Verizon 10-digit mobile phone number below.)
- (Click Forgot your information if you have already registered but have forgotten your User ID or password.)
- Click the Sign-in button to sign in.
- Navigate to the My Devices tab.
- From the menu, choose Activations or Activating My Phone.
- “Phone” could be replaced with the name of your phone.
- Then select Verizon Activations, followed by Activate SIM.
- If you have an old account, you will see a list of devices; if you have a new one, you will only see your current one.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Device.
- It’s possible you’ll be asked to choose to Activate a Device on an Existing Line.
- Select 4G / LTE or 5G under Device Type, depending on the phone.
- In most cases, the ESN/IMEI will be automatically filled.
- Under SIM Card Number, you must enter a lengthy SIM ID number. It’s written like this: (On your Verizon receipt, or on the Verizon full-size SIM or mini-SIM card from which you punched the nano-SIM card.)
- To the right of the SIM Card Card Number, click Check SIM Card to see a list of available plans.
- If you have previously registered a plan at the shop, you will skip the Complete Transaction stage.
- As a final check, Verizon will ask you to select the phone to which a code will be sent.
- Select the phone image/name, followed by Text Me the Code.
- Fill out the form on the website with the code you received via SMS.
- After clicking Confirm, you can now use your phone.
- You were able to activate a Verizon SIM card after completing all of these steps. If you want an alternative method for activating your Verizon SIM card, see the link below.
Method 2: My Verizon App to Activate Verizon SIM Card
This technique will work on mobile devices running either iOS or Android. Only a reliable connection to the internet was necessary for you to carry out this action.
- Open My Verizon app
- To access the account, please log in.
- From the menu, select the option to Add a Device.
- Choose to Activate an Existing Device from the drop-down menu.
- If your device and operating system aren’t detected right away, you’ll need to choose them manually.
- Please enter the ID of the device you are using.
- This could be the IMEI, EMEI, IMSI, or MEID number, depending on the kind of phone you have. In the event that the app does not immediately recognize it, then it could be found in a number of different places. Carry out some research, or use a program that is not associated with you to display it on your screen.
- You can now start using your phone, and the SIM card that you purchased from Verizon has been successfully activated.
Method 3: Activating Verizon SIM Card Using Number
In the event that you are unable to access the Internet or do not feel comfortable using third-party applications, the support phone number is listed below. Simply dial this number to quickly activate the SIM card that you purchased from Verizon.
- Turn off the phone you’re currently using, but make sure to keep the SIM card in it.
- Simply dial 1-877-807-4646 from any other phone you may be using.
- Always follow the instructions that are given.
- Please provide the required information.
- Turn on the phone you use most often. You’ll see that connectivity at the 3G, 4G, and 5G levels is now available.
- Follow the on-screen steps provided by the Setup Wizard once you have entered your PIN.
- When you agree to the terms of Verizon’s Customer Agreement, your SIM card will have full access to the network.
How do I activate my old Verizon SIM card myself?
There is also the possibility that your SIM card is not inserted correctly or that it contains a particle of dust. Therefore, heed these suggestions. It’s worth a shot, especially if:
- Ensure that your phone is turned off before continuing.
- Find the small hole that’s drilled into the side of the phone.
- To remove the SIM tray, you can either use the tool that was provided or a paperclip to insert it into the hole.
- Take out the previous SIM card, and then insert the new one in the same way.
- Carefully replace the tray in its original position.
- Put the phone into active mode.
How Can I Activate My Verizon SIM Card Online?
- To activate your product, go to the website that is printed on the packaging.
- Enter the phone number or the number found on the SIM card on the website.
- Keep an eye on your phone for any text messages, and make sure to follow the instructions provided on the website.
- How to view text messages on verizon?
- How to find verizon account number?
- Verizon Technical Support call from 1-800-922-0204 (Scam or legit)?
- Verizon free watch/iPhone survey (is it legit?)
- Can You Use a Jitterbug Phone on Verizon?
- What Is Verizon Digital Secure?
- Verizon Global vs LTE-CDMA – Which One to Use?
- What does “Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless” mean?
- How to see call log on Verizon?
- Why Is Verizon So Expensive?
- Why Does My Verizon iPhone Say Waiting For Activation?
- How Do I Clear My Verizon Cloud?
- Why Is Verizon Service So Bad Lately