Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Digital Secure is a smartphone and desktop app developed by Verizon that provides online privacy and protection. Users are protected from data breaches, dangerous websites, and viruses when this feature is activated.
To protect your Android device, the software searches it for viruses, infected programs, and worms as well as harmful data.
The premium edition of the program allows users to communicate with security providers in real-time via a chat.
As a free service provided to Verizon subscribers, Digital Secure is a component of Verizon.
Digital Secure can be accessed in the Verizon apps folder on your Android device if you have an eligible device.
You’ll have to manually download the software from either Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store for all other devices, including iPhone and Pixel.
All in all, Verizon Digital Secure is a mobile and home computer security app by Verizon. It enhances your experience by providing security and privacy tools. Identity theft protection, anti-malware, anti-virus software, and other capabilities are included with Verizon Digital Secure. In 2022, you’ll be able to protect your personal information when online with an all-in-one system.
How Does Digital Secure App Work?
All-in-one security and privacy software, Digital Secure automatically scans the device for internet and local dangers.
- Users can do manual scans at any time when this program is scanning the device every 24 hours and while the user is connected to the internet.
- Verizon’s premium customers get spam-detection in addition to regular checks.
Data from premium customers’ email addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, and tax identification numbers is checked against a database of known bad databases by the company’s artificial intelligence bots.
When it comes to searching for the data of users, the artificial intelligence (A.I.) at the heart of Digital Secure’s software is capable enough to reach deep into internet infrastructure to secure that user’s information.
- Additionally, the program warns users when they’re going to open a contaminated link when browsing the web.
- There is a risk that people searching for apps in the app stores will download a virus-infected or dangerous program.
How does the Digital Secure app ensure protection from viruses and malware?
It does this by scanning the following content quickly and thoroughly:
- Messages in the form of text, video, and email attachments were received.
- Local storage can be used to open compressed and single files.
The software also gives premium users the option of turning on VPN protection, which hides their online activities from anyone, even network administrators and Internet service providers, who might be able to see what they’ve been searching for or accessing.
Is Verizon’s Digital Secure Free?
Digital Secure is available in two versions: a free version and a premium paid version.
You can also sign up for Digital Secure’s free version by downloading the app for iOS or Android and then following these steps:
- Start the app on your smartphone.
- After reading the Terms & Conditions, click “Continue.”
- For app permissions required, click “Accept.”
- When you see the opportunity to join up for premium, simply click “Skip,” and you’ll be redirected to the free version of Digital Secure.
You can, however, upgrade from the free edition of Digital Secure to the premium version at any moment, and the steps to do so are as follows:
- Launch the Digital Secure app directly from your device.
- At the bottom of the page, look for “Take Control of Your Privacy & Identity.”
- Choose “Learn More.”
- Select whether to add Digital Secure to the entire account or just one line.
- Select “Continue” after clicking “Subscribe.”
What Are The Features Offered By Verizon Digital Secure?
To provide a single security solution that you can manage directly from your device, the Digital Secure app is capable to:
- Protect your computer from malware and viruses by using this application.
- In order to keep you safe while browsing the internet, it will alert you when apps are accessing your private information.
- Assist you in guarding against network dangers.
- Protects you from identity theft by safeguarding your personal data.
What Is Digital Secure Premium?
If you want to pay for Verizon’s Digital Secure Premium, you can get access to additional features.
In addition to the free features, you’ll get the following premium features as well:
Identity Theft Protection
Identity theft happens when someone uses your sensitive data to pose as you or steal from you. Bank and investment accounts can be depleted, new credit lines opened, utilities obtained, tax refunds stolen, insurance information used to receive medical treatment obtained, or your name and address given to police when arrested by identity thieves.
As a result of the frequency with which data breaches occur, it’s possible that your personal information has already been compromised. It’s wise to take precautions in this new world to keep bad actors from utilizing your personal information and damaging your financial life.
There are identity theft protection organizations that offer services for a monthly or annual charge. Typically, they begin by monitoring your credit, then add other services to alert you to potential issues.
- Identity theft protection services should only be used by people who have been the victim of identity theft or who are at high risk of it.
- You don’t want your credit reports frozen.
- You’re well aware that you’re not going to actively check your own credit.
- Because of a recent data breach, you have no free identity theft monitoring that is sufficient to protect you against identity theft.
An important function of a virtual private network (VPN) is to mask your online activities. In addition to protecting you from hackers and snoops on public Wi-Fi networks, virtual private networks (VPNs) are excellent for disguising your IP address, browsing activity, and personal data on any Wi-Fi network—even at home.
It’s inevitable that our privacy will be compromised as our lives become more digitized. Whether it’s your ISP (internet service provider) or a hacker attempting to steal your personal information for malevolent intentions, someone may be watching or tracking your online activities at all times.
An encrypted VPN connection and the ability to change your location are just two of the many benefits of using a virtual private network (VPN). Rather than go into great length, we recommend that you read our in-depth explanation of what a VPN is and how it works instead.
When you’re at home, you don’t need a VPN because your network has built-in security measures like usernames and passwords. A VPN can be used at home to protect against some forms of internet tracking or to view certain types of content, yet many people continue to do so.
Hackers might easily intercept your communications when using an unprotected public Wi-Fi network. Despite the fact that most of your internet traffic is uninteresting, it may contain vital information like your bank account data, credit card numbers, or login credentials. As a result of the attackers’ tendency to cast a wide net, public libraries and airports with free Wi-Fi are more vulnerable.
In comparison, residential networks are far more secure. As a result, it is less probable that a stranger will join your network. When it comes to protecting your home Wi-Fi network from hackers, changing the default username and password is a good place to start. This eliminates the necessity of using a VPN service at all.
Even at home, a virtual private network (VPN) can protect you against a variety of potential risks to your private information. Any time you access a website or use an online application, your online activities can be monitored. Consumers’ online activity is used by companies to better their products and serve you with more relevant advertising. A VPN, especially when used with additional anti-tracking solutions, can enhance your privacy and keep trackers at bay.
An additional layer of security can be gained by using a VPN to encrypt your home network, making it more difficult for anyone to see what you’re doing, as they won’t have access to your IP address.
Using a virtual private network (VPN) doesn’t completely protect you from being tracked by websites, as long as you’re still logged in to them. That’s how firms like Google use your personal information to understand more about you than you would think.
However, if you don’t use a VPN, your ISP can see everything you do on the internet. Additionally, thanks to a recent Senate legislation, your ISP no longer needs to obtain consent from you before tracking and selling data about you.
It is possible that your ISP will slow down your connection if you download or stream a lot of data. Your ISP can’t see what you’re doing online if you use a private internet tunnel.
How Much Does Digital Secure Premium Cost?
There are two ways to pay for Verizon service: either $5 per month for each line or $10 per month for the full Verizon account.
However, given the price, you’re getting quite good coverage for your mobile devices and desktop PC at home. If you have children or do a lot of internet shopping, this is a must-have.
Is Verizon Digital Secure Good?
There are a few complaints concerning the lack of clarification in the Google Play reviews about how to enable permissions for Verizon Digital Secure.
Permissions that you can’t click on will be requested by the app, specifically
As one of the app’s most widespread problems right now, it appears to affect many devices.
If you need more help understanding how the app works, you can consult the tutorial that’s included with the software.
It’s a good option if you want to be safe when using your mobile device or PC at home.
However, there are superior solutions available, such as Avast, that are far more effective than the one you currently have.
Business Potential Of Security And Privacy Apps
Users are ready to adopt digital security and privacy apps like Verizon’s Digital Secure because they believe that privacy and security in the digital world is a critical issue for society as a whole. The software has already been downloaded more than 10 million times on Google Play.
As a result, anti-virus software and virtual private networks (VPNs) are the most common examples of today’s security and privacy apps. Because of this, some free apps rely on in-app purchases or adverts to generate cash.
The Revenue Model Of Security Apps
Free security apps typically rely on advertising and user data to generate cash, which privacy advocates argue goes against the whole purpose of these programs.
Think of a web-browsing program that is completely secure. User data is collected and sold to present relevant items or advertisements depending on the user’s activity in exchange for a fee. As the app’s primary function is to secure the user’s private information, this technique would completely undermine that function.
As a result, Appreneurs can charge their customers monthly or yearly in return for the privacy and security services that their app is offering to the consumers.
This alternative business model is considerably more effective than guaranteeing people optimum protection while tracking their online activities to serve them advertisements.
- Verizon Global vs LTE-CDMA – Which One to Use?
- What does “Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless” mean?
- Can You Use a Jitterbug Phone on Verizon?
- Verizon free watch/iPhone survey (is it legit?)
- [Verizon] Why Do My Calls Keep Dropping On? And How To Stop It?
- How to view text messages on verizon?
- What does 999 999 9999 mean on your Verizon bill?
- How to see call log on Verizon?
- How To Activate Verizon SIM Card?
- What is a Verizon Account PIN Number?
- How to pay someone else’s Verizon bill?
- Verizon voicemail not working
- How do i access my saved photos that go to VZ media and to my gallery?
- Your call cannot be completed as dialed (Verizon)
- Verizon app manager keeps downloading apps
- How Do I Clear My Verizon Cloud?