Yoodley is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This indicates a problem in the AT&T gateway for connection to the internet.
An outage in the AT&T service or a technical shortcoming in your gadget might turn the indicator red.
This can also occur due to software faults in your router or its gateway. However, this problem can be fixed quite easily.
The red flashing light on your AT&T broadband usually signs an internet connectivity problem. Another reason could be a discrepancy in the power supply.
Other reasons why your AT&T broadband might be glowing red are:
- Power supply in the gadget
- Poor server connection
- AT&T server collapse
- The widget needs to be updated
- Malfunction in the hardware
[FIXED] The blinking red light in the AT&T broadband
Method 1: Power Cycle Your Modem Or The Gateway
To fix the problem of your blinking red light in the AT&T broadband, try out these hacks:
There are two ways to restart your Gateway or Modem:
Try recycling the power. This is an easy and widely used method. All you have to do is remove your modem from all the power sources and restart it.
If the light blinks red due to a bug, then this should fix it. It works out well for both hardware and software virus-related problems.
Take these steps to restart your AT&T broadband device:
- Switch on the router
- Make sure all the lights of the gadget are turned on
- Finally, check if the light of your broadband supply is back again.
Method 2: Update Gateway Firmware
Outdated software often faces problems with the internet connection. Your gateway might be acting up for the same reason. Try updating it and see if it is working well now.
Sometimes you don’t even have to take extra steps to update the model. Just restart it once, and it will start updating automatically.
Although, make sure you update your gateway with the latest firmware version after noting the older one.
AT&T also has smart home management systems for computers and cellular devices.
If you need to check the existing firmware version in your device, you can follow these steps:
- Log into the Smart Home Manager through your computer or phone browser.
- Select the hardware option you use in your home for network.
- Device Details can be found by selecting your Wi-Fi Gateway from the drop-down menu.
- You will be able to see the firmware version at the page bottom.
- After noting the current version down, upgrade your software using the same.
To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Use the web browser of your device.
- Use Smart Home Manager to log in.
- Choose the option that says “Network.”
- You’ll find it at the bottom of this page.
- After choosing your wireless network Gateway, restart the router.
Method 3: Reset Your Gateway or Router
Resetting the device is a quick and effective technique to see if it fixes the problem. An automatic power cycle can be performed by unplugging the gateway for 30-60 seconds and reconnecting it. Rebooting the modem or gateway will reconnect it to the rest of your network. Check to see if the lights come back on after a few seconds.
When you perform a factory reset on your device, all of your data is restored to its default settings. Apply pressure to the paper clip-sized button behind your device to make it work. The lights will go out and reset if you hold the button.
Your device might lose all your custom data settings due to a factory reset. You should know this if you use a dedicated IP address or unique identity for Wi-Fi.
Take these steps to reinstall your AT&T router:
- Locate the router’s reset button. It’s usually present behind or at the side of the router.
- Press the button for 15 seconds and then release it.
- Soon you will see the router light is turned on again.
- Once you notice a green light on the broadband, know that this means that it’s all reset!
- If you still see the flashing red light, try another method.
Method 4: Contacting Support
Getting in touch with customer service can assist you to find out what to do if you’ve tried troubleshooting in various ways without success. Malfunctioning equipment necessitates either a new one or an urgent repair.
A phone call to AT&T customer service will help determine whether or not you require a full replacement of the device.
If you’re having issues with your device, hopefully, this information can assist you. If your AT&T broadband has a red flashing light, you may be able to fix the problem by following the instructions in this article.
When all else fails, the best course of action is to contact customer service for assistance. You may reach customer service at any time of day or night, and they’ll do whatever they can to help you out.
- Does AT&T provide service in Puerto Rico?
- 7 Best AT&T-Compatible Modems and Routers
- How to change AT&T phone number?
- How To Suspend My AT&T Service
- [FIXED] AT&T Internet Keeps Dropping
- How to email AT&T customer service
- [FIXED] AT&T Data Not Working
- Is There Any Activation Fee for AT&T? Everything You Need to Know
- What does care code: 205.2 [lu003] mean? How to get rid of it?
- How to Separate Yahoo Mail From AT&T Account?
- What Is AT&T Internet 18?
- How to Get AT&T Number Transfer Pin?
- How to Report Phone & Internet Outage AT&T?
- Is AT&T Compatible With Straight Talk?